Mar. 26: Life sucks at the beach

Click to see our view to the north That’s not true. Life sucks not even a little bit at the beach. Not here, anyway.

‘Cept Jack fell in the ocean. But that pretty much only sucked for him.

Katie and Jack weren’t excited about the whale watching excursion, so in keeping with The Lovely Lori’s warning to NOT GO ON THAT BOAT, we did not go on that boat. The whale sighting counts for the past week have been kinda crazy—four one day, 85 the next, then none the next—so I was a little bit glad that we didn’t have to deal with disappointed kids. That is not to say they’ve enjoyed every minute here. Oh, no. They especially hated the part when we went shopping. Vic forgot his swim trunks so we ran by the outlet mall and I dragged Katie and Jack with me into kids’ clothing stores while he shopped. They hated that. But I reminded them that it’d be worse if Daddy went swimming nekkid. That wouldn’t have been good for anyone.

Katie and Jack became happy again when we went to the condo pool, all properly swimsuited.

The only thing I’ve been unhappy with here is that the Internet connection has been either highly erratic or nonexistent, depending on the room in which I sit. I specifically rented a condo that had wireless Internet access, so this angers me greatly. I need to get my Google Reader on!

Our GPS has been helpful with finding restaurants and other important places. I have it set to speak as “British English (Daniel)” but Vic thinks “Daniel” sounds like too normal a guy and not the jackhole that’s always yelling at us when we don’t go where he tells us to (I swear, his “recalculating!” is getting huffier and huffier). So we spent much of the trip here yesterday trying to think up a new name for him. I think we’ve settled on Nigel Fingerbottom. ‘Sgood, no?

I’ve just watched my second sun set over the Pacific in 2009. Love it. Happy happy happy.

jensignature

7 comments:

  1. Ah, the beach. Any day is a good day at the beach in Oregon. Seriously. Mathew and I have been there when it rained for four days. Still better than being at work.

    Make sure you hit Kyllos for me. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to give you a hard time about rubbing it in, but then I realized (doh) that I'm going to the beach too... just a little south of you! I will think of you as temps hit the 70s in SLO, hopefully! This white girl needs some sun.

    I am glad you are all away together and enjoying the beach, and I'm also very glad Vic found a swimsuit! I too have forgotten swimwear when heading for the coast... and yes, purchased while there! No scaring the locals. Not me.

    Enjoy! Relax! Can't wait until I'm doing the same...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was that giant moving van doing at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.k., come back now. I need your posts. I'm going through withdrawal. I'm so lonely I'm having dinner out with my husband tonight! ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheila ~ I totally agree. Beautiful, no matter what. Well, maybe a tsunami might be not so nice. Otherwise...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Sher, I think you win temps-wise. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darby ~ it was probably the repo men coming for the dogs. Nothing else we own is worth stealing. Prob'ly not even them.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails