Mar. 23: Coffee? Tea? Me?

  • Quick, what’ll it be: coffee or tea?
    Coffee in the morning, definitely. Tea the rest of the day, preferably iced.
  • How many “hits” a week that you would say that you take?
    I drink a large cup of coffee every morning. I’m not quite as addicted to tea, although I drink it often. I can stop anytime, really. :)
  • If there was to be a coffee or tea drink named after you on the menu board at Starbucks, what would it be?
    “Jen’s Mystery Mocha”—a regular mocha with a shot of something surprising and kinda nasty, like mustard or Comet. Oh come on, you know you’d order one.
  • Do you drink coffee when it’s hot out?
    I love iced mochas, but they’re not exactly quenching; I prefer iced tea in hot weather.
  • How do you feel about Starbucks Frappuccinos?
    The ones they blend in Starbucks are okay. I don’t order them often. coffeeteaThe ones they sell in bottles in the grocery store? Blech.
  • Where in the world would you most like to sit down and order a coffee or tea?
    I know this is so typically “stupid American,” but one of my favorite memories of our trip to Europe is relaxing in a big comfy chair in a London Starbucks. I actually fell asleep—I was still dealing with jet lag, was five months pregnant and had a broken foot. I think my impromptu nap was excusable, considering. My favorite place to sit and drink coffee would have to be Paris, though—just because it’s the most beautiful and romantic city to which I’ve been and I’d love to go there again. Amsterdam would be good too.
  • Were your parents coffee drinkers? Tea drinkers?
    My dad drank coffee like his daughters like their men: black. I don’t remember him drinking tea except in Chinese restaurants. Mom wasn’t much of a coffee drinker when I was young, but she likes it now.
  • Would you prefer coffee or tea in a shop or at home?
    I love the coffee shop atmosphere and it’s almost always  cleaner than my home.
  • Would you ever wear jewelry made out of coffee beans or earrings shaped like coffee cups?
    Only if it was subtle, like a sterling silver coffee bean charm. That would keep people guessing. “Is she wearing a coffee bean around her neck? An egg? A silver nugget? A turd?”
  • What is the absolute most perfect pastry to be taken alongside a coffee or tea?
    Mmmmm… banana bread.

Your turn…

jensignature

2 comments:

  1. * Quick, what’ll it be: coffee or tea?
    Coffee at home in the morning is great. A latte from Starbucks later in the day is excellent. I don't usually drink tea anymore, but I do like the Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade at Starbucks on occasion.

    * How many “hits” a week that you would say that you take?
    If there is coffee leftover from Mathew's pot in the morning, then I like a cup or two. When Mathew is out of town for work, I don't make it at home. If I go out during the day, I might swing by Starbucks. I did give up going through the Starbucks drive-thru for Lent. My way of cutting back on expenses.

    * If there was to be a coffee or tea drink named after you on the menu board at Starbucks, what would it be?
    Sheila's Latte (tall five pumps sugar-free vanilla latte with 2% milk). That is my favorite drink, and it would be simpler to order, especially since they always like to make it nonfat, which I hate.

    * Do you drink coffee when it’s hot out?
    Sure! Why not? There are plenty of options.

    * How do you feel about Starbucks Frappuccinos?
    The Java Chip Frappuccino is heaven in a glass.

    * Where in the world would you most like to sit down and order a coffee or tea?
    If I had to choose, I would love to drink a cappuccino in Italy.

    * Were your parents coffee drinkers? Tea drinkers?
    My parents like coffee, and up until they visited me while I was in college, they would drink Folger's. After that visit, since I worked at Starbucks, they prefer (and do not share) their faves at Starbucks (Breakfast Blend & Anniversary Blend, to name a couple).

    * Would you prefer coffee or tea in a shop or at home?
    Sitting down in a coffee shop (not necessarily Starbucks) always has its advantages. That aroma, the noise, the people.

    * Would you ever wear jewelry made out of coffee beans or earrings shaped like coffee cups?
    Nope.

    * What is the absolute most perfect pastry to be taken alongside a coffee or tea?
    My favorite is a Cherry Danish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick, what’ll it be: coffee or tea?
    Coffee.

    How many “hits” a week that you would say that you take?
    (I had to read that twice. Weird sentence. Obviously not a Jen sentence.)
    I have a decaf/soy/2 splenda latte 5 days a week on my way to work. Usually nothing at home.

    If there was to be a coffee or tea drink named after you on the menu board at Starbucks, what would it be?
    One time I ordered a "non-fat/decaf latte" and the guy called it a "Why bother?" so I guess that's it.

    Do you drink coffee when it’s hot out?
    Yes. Usually hot. I do order iced tea a lot in the summer though.

    How do you feel about Starbucks Frappuccinos?
    I think they're yummy but I never order them for myself - just the kids.

    Where in the world would you most like to sit down and order a coffee or tea?
    Turkish coffee in Paris (made by Agador Spartacus). :)

    Were your parents coffee drinkers? Tea drinkers?
    They both used to (Mom still does) drink coffee - a lot and black (not like they like me to like my men...even though I do). I noticed a lot of additives in later years - not "Jennifer strength creamer" but some.

    Would you prefer coffee or tea in a shop or at home?
    Prefer Starbuck's concoctions to anything I make at home.

    Would you ever wear jewelry made out of coffee beans or earrings shaped like coffee cups?
    Never.

    What is the absolute most perfect pastry to be taken alongside a coffee or tea?
    Easy...pumpkin scone!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails