May 12: Fingerjig

monkeycomputer Here’s a typing game/test that I thought was kinda fun and I didn’t even do very well on it. Fingerjig is a six-minute game, completed in stages, wherein your typing speed and accuracy is calculated. In one round you type a bunch of words using just the right half of the keyboard, and then in the next one you use only the left. In another round you type one letter at a time. The words in the last couple rounds are crazy-long and that’s where I made most of my mistakes.

I typically score 80-100 wpm on typing tests, but in this one I think my net speed was about 60 wpm. Not bad, but certainly not competition caliber. I was #19 of today’s scores when I finished it, and it said I scored higher than 84.1% of today’s players. It’s early in the day, though—I fully expect to drop off the scoreboard quite soon.

See how you do. You have nothing better to do today than play a bunch of typing games, right? Heh heh heh… sorry.

One note, which may or may not apply to you: when I played the game, below the instructions was a blinking header that said “take our free IQ test” with a “start the test” button next to it. This is not the Fingerjig button; if you click it you’ll go to another puzzle site with a bunch of pop-ups.

jensignature

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is a fun one - it said I scored like 75% higher than people today.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails