May 22: Manual labor

I’m trying to spend as much time as possible working on the yard right now, and when I haven’t been doing something yard-related, I’ve been trying to sleep. My back is killing me (insert “excessive hoeing” joke here) and I haven’t been sleeping well. I’m also still coughing quite a bit and have sore muscles from that.

In other words, I’m busy. And achy. And letting my blog slide.

The good news? Our front yard re-do is nearly done. Today I’m going to figure out the fountain and buy the last of the ground cover and shrubs. I’ll also be shopping for annuals to fill in some of the bare spots. We hope to have bark delivered this weekend before the rain comes back and washes our new yard downhill.

It’s exciting to see all our hard work paying off as this project comes together. I look forward to enjoying it even more once we put away the wheelbarrow and rakes, hopefully with a frosty beverage in my hand.

Don’t know when I’ll post another update, as the weekend weather forecast is perfect. I’ll definitely post some photos when I’ve decided our hard work is photo-worthy.

blogsignaturepic

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, you! I'm very proud of your efforts in getting this done so quickly. Can't wait to see the photos you'll be posting...soon!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures! I want pictures -- I'm proud of all your efforts! I know that your details to perfection will be lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. waiting. . . waiting . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you! I'm very proud of your efforts in getting this done so quickly. Can't wait to see the photos you'll be posting...soon!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails