May 26: Plinky ~ criminals

At first I thought today’s Plinky prompt was an easy one, but then I realized how hard it was going to be to narrow down my answer. It’s like a question about my favorite ice cream flavor; they’re all pretty good, but which one really is best? Don’t make me choose!

What activity or behavior should be a crime?

Explain why this activity shouldn't be tolerated, and describe a fitting punishment.

My first task here was to think of something that isn’t already a crime, because, y’know, I think killing people isn’t such a nice thing... so I tried to think of some of my biggest pet peeves that are not currently considered criminal EVEN THOUGH THEY SHOULD BE. They are:

  • misspellings and poor punctuation
  • crimescenepeople that talk to me too early in the morning
  • chatspeak/LOLspeak in normal, outside-of-texting writing
  • excessive jewelry on men (“excessive” meaning “almost anything other than a wedding band”)
  • inconsiderate drivers (merging on the freeway at 35mph, not signaling, driving in the fast lane so cars have to pass you on the right, doing anything other than driving that keeps you from paying attention to the road, etc.)
  • using God as an excuse for your prejudices
  • monkeys

And I can only pick one? Fine. I choose the inconsiderate driving thing.

The only fitting punishment: “You are sentenced to six years’ of public transportation, and not the good, efficient kind that gets you anywhere in the city within a half hour. You have to ride the shitty suburban buses that take 12 times longer than they should to get out of the suburbs. And you have to sit by the person who has boobs and a beard, so you’re not really sure if it’s a man or a woman, but you can tell by its odor that it eats a lot of lentils and lives with at least 43 ferrets.”

What’s your answer to this Plinky prompt?

blogsignaturepic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails