May 6: Recruiter’s blues

My friend Sherilee twittered this today:

I want to write a poem about reviewing resumes, endless piles of resumes, but it can't rhyme and can't use any bad words. I'm screwed.

Makes me feel bad for her
PLUS
I’m always looking for an excuse to write haiku
MINUS
pride and talent
EQUALS
poetry time with Jen!

Piles of résumés
Endless piles of résumés
Too many! No more!

Ad said “writers, please!”
Applicants can’t even type
Trash overflowing

Application fraud
I mean, who would believe this???
They’re all idiots

This guy did jail time?
FOR KILLING A RECRUITER?
No thank you, kind sir.

No experience?
Send your résumé to Sher!
She’ll whimper and cry

Job has worn her out
Makes her hate all humankind
Must recruit shrink now

Sher can’t swear? I can.
“This is @#%#%&^!”
   (trust me, that’s seven syllables)
You’re welcome, my friend.

Silly Sherilee, thinking you have to write your own sucky poetry! You know I’ll always help you out in your time of need.

jensignature

2 comments:

  1. You rock! Thank you for that lovely pile of poetry--I am going to print those out and share with some fellow recruiters!

    And next time, I will just call you first before I tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I could just join the current millenium and share your url with everyone--who prints anymore anyway?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails