May 15: Quick update

  • Today I went on a field trip with Katie’s class and it was not fun.
  • I finished “Almost Moon,” that book about the woman who kills her mother. I’m glad I’m done with it; it was disturbing and starting to give me freaky dreams. Don’t worry, Mom… I didn’t file anything away for “someday.” If anything, it made me grateful that you weren’t a mental case when I was growing up. I thought the book was actually quite good, but only because I couldn’t relate to the main character in any way whatsoever (thank god).
  • I’m still sick as a dog. I’m coughing so hard, my teeth hurt. Katie says she keeps thinking I’m gonna puke, even though I assure her that it just sounds like I will. I hate the swine flu.
  • Jack lost a tooth this morning at breakfast. He says it’s his eighth one but I’ve lost count because I’m a terrible mother. The good news is that his adult teeth are coming in nice and straight. Katie’s? Not so much.
  • David Sedaris has a bunch of new tour dates and he’s coming to Portland next month.

I’ll write more tomorrow, I promise.

blogsignaturepic

3 comments:

  1. The swine flu does suck, I'm heading to Salem tomorrow morning to spread it down the I5 corridor. Hope you live through the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took your swine flu on a bus full of kids?! You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You took your swine flu on a bus full of kids?! You rock.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails