May 28: ‘Nother Grandma story

Here's my proof. Grandma Tolle called me on May 20. Kinda.Imagine my surprise when my phone rang the other day and the caller ID said it was my grandmother. If you’ve been paying attention, you know Grandma hates my guts. I usually find it irritating and sometimes even a little bit cruel.

This? This is not one of those times.

My phone rings.

I see it’s Grandma. I consider not answering the phone, but the idea of returning a call in what Grandma considers “a timely manner” is worse than having to talk to her unprepared. Also, occasionally my mom calls me from Grandma’s phone.

I take a deep breath and answer. “Hello?”

Grandma: “Mary?”

Me, brightly: “No, it’s Jen!”

Grandma: “I guess I dialed the wrong number.”

Grandma hangs up.

I actually look at my phone. I stare at it for a second and then laugh out loud.

Grandma’s hung up on me plenty of times, but never so soon into the phone call.

blogsignaturepic

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jen's Grandma, for providing fodder for another story. Sorry that you have such a snark for a Grandma, Jen. Holy cow she needs a wake up call... so if you hear that SHE got a call from a (509) number...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another priceless grandma moment. Thanks for sharing. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails