May 12: Omegle

Have you heard about Omegle? Here’s how the creators describe what the site’s about:

Omegle is a brand-new service for meeting new friends. When you use Omegle, we pick another user at random and let you have a one-on-one chat with each other. Chats are completely anonymous, although there is nothing to stop you from revealing personal details if you would like.

If you like Omegle, be sure to check out the Omegle blog!

I’m not all that interested in talking to strangers, but I thought I’d give this a shot. I read on a message board that some of the conversations people have had are quite funny, like talking to someone from another country who’s practicing English and teaching them common English expressions. Here’s my first experience:

omegle

That’s what every 15-year-old wants, to have a random chat with a boring old woman. Notice I cut off the conversation before it went anywhere near cougar territory (don’t know why I assume “Stranger” is a boy…). I watch Law & Order: SVU enough to know danger when I see it.

jensignature

1 comment:

  1. Kinda reminds me of ICQ, but web-based instead. Met more than a few wackos that way, too. Some things on the Interwebs are solutions to problems that no one has. Why don't we just walk up to strangers on the street and initiate random conversation with them instead? :/

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails