May 9: He should know better

toldyouso Victor and I were arguing this morning, as always, about incredibly important things. I said something about Istanbul, one of his parents’ stops on their recent vacation, and he said (like a know-it-all) that Istanbul used to be called Constantinople. I said, “Duh! I’ve heard the song!” and he looked at me like *I* was the idiot, and asked “What song?”

Then I could not rest or argue further until I’d found the song, just to prove to him that it existed. Because he didn’t believe me. Because he clearly thinks he married someone who knows nothing about music or anything else.

Sometimes he makes me so mad.

But now I’m doing a told-you-so dance RIGHT IN HIS FACE because I easily found the song and played it for him and he smiled just a little bit and then went back to what he was doing like it didn’t even matter a little bit that I was right and he was wrong.

For your listening pleasure, I present to you the song “Istanbul (Not Constantinople)” by They Might Be Giants. You are welcome.

Download this MP3 - (Right Click)

Edited to add: my told-you-so dance was not nearly as irritating to him as I’d hoped. Men are so weird and… um… focused.

jensignature

4 comments:

  1. Who hasn't heard that song? I think he was just trying to save face and pretend it wasn't effecting him, but you know it totally was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this song in college, and love it now. It's one that can get stuck in your head for ages.

    I think Mr. Victor was pulling your leg--there's no way he didn't know this song. My two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys give him too much credit. He really is kinda retarded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys give him too much credit. He really is kinda retarded.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails