May 1: Broke-down crap

A few weeks ago my husband broke my blender. Neither of us knows how it happened, but the teeth on the bottom pretty much crumbled. This wouldn’t be a very big deal but-cept it was my Kitchen-Aid blender, the one I love love love because it is so powerful it can perfectly crush an iceberg in seconds without burning out its motor. Or something like that. There were still a few teeth left so the blender still blended, but its heart ducttape wasn’t in it, y’know? I didn’t want to think about having to replace it (they don’t make that color anymore, and it matches my stand mixer, food processor, toaster, and hand mixer because yes, I’m one of those everything-must-match dorks), and yet the thing that would best make me forget about it—alcohol—was not nearly as delightful and refreshing without the perfectly crushed ice to go along with it.

Last night I Googled “Kitchen-Aid blender replacement parts” and found exactly the piece that needs to be replaced, along with the instructions to replace it in three languages. Six dollars. Just six dollars and Jen can stop whining and start gettin’ her drink on again.

Altogether now: Yay!

Around the same time the blender broke, my laptop battery died. No big deal; I usually have it plugged in anyway. A couple days later, the power supply died. And that made me want to die. I cannot live without my laptop. Girl, you know it’s true.

Replacing those two items at dell.com is about the same cost as a new laptop, but I looked around a little online and found several stores where I could get both items for less than $50. Again, happy non-whining Jen!

So, while it really sucked having all three of these oh-so-important items break in a short span of time, I’m thankful I was able to replace them easily and inexpensively (relatively speaking). Again: YAY!

And that, my dears, is a much more positive post than the one I considered writing earlier today, which would have been all about parents who don’t contribute to their kids’ classroom celebrations and how tempting it is to not serve those kids cake at the classroom celebrations but only the evilest of room parents would do that and either way, I don’t think I want to be a room parent after this year.

jensignature

5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty proud of myself for fixing the lawn mower with a popsicle stick last night, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to find those savings! You are so savvy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I donated! I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan ~ You're a regular MacGyver, arentcha? I'll bet you could work magic with a paper clip and a twist tie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori H ~ I know you contributed and that makes you awesome! You were one of very few! Either way, though, I'd NEVER deny Parker cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails