Jan. 9: New photo of O.J.

We got the official O.J. report from the radiologist yesterday. Most of it consists of medical terminology a dummy like me can’t understand, but I get the gist of it, I think: the tumor is much smaller than when it was first scanned in late November. The doctor estimates “it is a quarter to one-fifth of its previous overall volume.”

This is pretty much the same information Victor got from him in conversation the day of my scan. When I see my oncologist on Tuesday I’ll get a better idea of exactly what it means and how it will affect my course of treatment (if at all). This is, though, what she expected us to see after two chemotherapy treatments.

This shrinkage is, of course, good news; the Poisoning o’ Jen is working in positive ways. However, I’m a teensy bit bothered by the suggestions that I celebrate… I mean, I still freakin’ have cancer and am a long way from being in the clear.

Here’s a reminder of what O.J. looked when we first met him on November 23, 2009:

 

And here’s the scan from Thursday. If the tumor doesn’t look like it’s shrunk as much as it should have, remember that this is a pic of just a slice of it, and it’s shrunk all over, not just in its width.

Tumor 1-7-10 restaging

 

Because the CT was done on my chest, abdomen, and pelvis, there were a lot of pictures. I found this one especially interesting because I think it means I’m amazing:

 

Look at that! I have a wishbone! Aren’t you jealous???

blogsignature

9 comments:

  1. I didn't think cats were allowed in hospitals. Doesn't all that hair mess up the machines? I would think twice about using a hospital that allows cats in the CT rooms. And, I didn't know that's what cats look like when they are scanned. I knew they didn't have any souls, but I was unaware they didn't have any guts either. Lots of deep stuff for me to think about today. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like good news and I'm hoping that it is! Yayayaayayayayayayaayay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that you bra in that last pic? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celebrate or not -- it's still a great picture!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some stellar shrinkage - and that last picture is strangely trippy - I think there was a pretty awesome party going on in there when they took it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the "Y" shaped thingy is your thong and it looks stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love how much your spleen loves to party! ;) Congrats on the good results, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic news! That white Bronco isn't fast enough for him to escape!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails