Nov. 16: Yo momma’s WACK

There was a day, several months ago, that I spent an intentionally unspecified amount of time reading entries at Postcards From Yo Momma. It was a good day. I don’t know if I failed to bookmark the site, or my computer crashed from all the insanity, but I never went back. I saw it on Sherilee’s blogroll recently and started visiting PFYM again, much to my abdominal muscles’ benefit. It’s a good’n. Here’s the basic gist of the site:

Does your mom still have an AOL account? Does she email you her random, yet charming, thoughts on life and love? Does she wish you called more often? Postcards From Yo Momma is a collection of the many delightful correspondences these traits inspire.

And here’s an entry from this morning that I enjoyed:

Mom: Your mom is sick. How are you? Today is our anniversary, your dad forgot … as usual
Me: How are you sick? Like a cold or like your kidneys are failing?
Mom: ok smarty I am not that old. I have the sickness a cold.
Me: i know you are not that old but you do get sick alot, your worse than me. You have had like 5 organs removed.
Mom: are you kidding me? I have only had one thing removed….
Me: mom, your gall bladder and spleen that’s at least two.
Mom: Be nice to your mother.


Read the “Highest Rated” entries for some of the best crazy mom-ness. You’ll thank me.

1 comment:

  1. The true test is whether your mother finds it funny... if she doesn't, then you KNOW you're on to something! I kept forwarding the posts on to my mom--look, see, how funny!--and she was unimpressed... I think she felt compassion for these poor mothers who are being so openly mocked by their children. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails