Nov. 22: Buh-bye

I’ve written a post or two to be published while I’m gone, so even though I’ll be away from my computer for a few days you’ll still be hearing from me, sorta.

Sing with me:

♫ All my bags are packed
I’m ready to go (technically they’re not yet totally packed and that means I’m not yet ready to go)
I’m standin’ here outside your door (I’m not. I’m sitting in front of my computer in my own house.)
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye (so I won’t)
♫ But the dawn is breakin’
It’s early morn (Nah, it’s almost midnight Saturday)
The taxi’s waitin’ (no, it’s not)
♪ He’s blowin’ his horn (what the hell is that noise?)
Already I’m so lonesome
I could die (I’m not really that lonesome at all, nor do I want to die)

♪ So kiss me (just a hug is fine) and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me (to eat mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving, of course)
♫ Hold me like you’ll never let me go (again, a hug is just fine)
‘cause I’m leavin’ on a jet plane (it’s not so much a plane as a minivan)
Don’t know when I’ll be back again (actually, I’ll be back on Thursday)
Oh babe, I hate to go (Y’know, I really can’t back that up; I’m very much looking forward to this trip)

There’s so many times I’ve let you down (hey, if you’re counting on this blog to keep you “up,” you’re beyond help)
♫ So many times I’ve played around (sure)
I tell you now, they don’t mean a thing (I have no idea what that means so I’ll just deny any wrongdoing on my part)
♪ Ev’ry place I go, I’ll think of you (well, that is true!)
Ev’ry song I sing, I’ll sing for you (um, sure, if you want me to but your ears are gonna bleed)
When I come back, I’ll bring your wedding ring (if you’ve lost it and I happen to find it in San Francisco)

Now the time has come to leave you (in the morning)
One more time (Though to be honest, I doubt this will be my last vacation)
♫ Let me kiss you (really, I think a hug is pa-lenty)
Then close your eyes (but you might have trouble reading this)
I’ll be on my way (yup)
Dream about the days to come (jealous?)
When I won’t have to leave alone (I’m not alone; the whole fam’s with me, geez)
About the times, I won’t have to say (wha-huh?)

Oh, kiss me (can you forget the kisses already? I really think maybe we should just shake hands) and smile for me (I think you’ve got basil in your teeth)
♫ Tell me that you’ll wait for me (don’t bother)
Hold me like you’ll never let me go (really, I’d like you to let go)
‘cause I’m leavin’ on a jet plane (Mazda MPV)
♪ Don’t know when I’ll be back again (Thursday)
Oh babe, I hate to go (I’m outta here.)

4 comments:

  1. You're such a goofball. Hope you have a wonderful time. Warm-up the city for sis and I and travel safely.

    Love you...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you already. I can't actually imagine that you got up and willingly walked away from the computer, but I guess I'll try to come to grips with it...

    Sniff. Safe travels to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny.... :o)

    have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny.... :o)

    have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails