Nov. 8: Sweet tea and... lasagna?

My friend Sherilee recently started a blog, Sweet Tea and Sunshine. She writes primarily about food, family and fun. Who wouldn’t love that? As I’ve told her for months now, if her blog is half as entertaining as her e-mails, it’s going to be a huge hit. Well, folks, I can honestly say that the girl is well on her way. Check it out, won’t you?

Here’s one recipe I doubt you’ll ever find on Sherilee’s blog: Dishwasher Lasagna Florentine. Sounds like something Kramer would make along with his radish roses, huh? It’s hard to imagine how anyone ever came up with the idea to bake in their dishwasher, but even harder to imagine why.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the early buzz, Jen. I am having fun with it.

    So that whole lasagna trick, pretty clever... I have heard tales of fish being steamed in the dishwasher before, but haven't tried that. With the lasagna, I have visions of sauce everywhere... I would need something more sealable, I think.

    Major confession from catering days: one of the local kitchens I did a lot of event cooking at had this really cool sterilizer for their wine glasses... a high end dishwasher... very hot. I was really really behind on having lunch out and ready for a group, and got the bright idea to steam green beans in the sterilizer (no soap of course!). It worked like a charm... very quick, and perfectly done. I only did it a few times after that, I swear!, and only when there were no service staff with me. I do have my pride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminds me of stories my truck-driving uncle would tell me of heating up cans of beans and Fri-Chik under the hood of a Peterbilt whilst tooling down the Interstate.

    OK, maybe there's no connection between that and your examples. Forget I even brought it up... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails