Nov. 29: Home at last

We’re home, finally. We left Medford this afternoon and got back to Portland just after 7 tonight. Why is sitting in a car so exhausting? I’m speaking for me and Vic, of course—the kids have energy to spare and are tearing up the playroom as I write.

Millie was happy to see us. One of our sweet neighbor girls checked on her every day so she wasn’t alone the whole week. It seems she spent her solitary confinement adopting some new, very naughty habits, like jumping on the counters and tables. The squirt bottle put a stop to that but quick. (Know what works better than water in a squirt bottle? Acid in a squirt bottle.)

I worked on our trip report on the way home until my laptop battery died around Roseburg. I’ll try to get it finished tomorrow and post it with some photos.

There are comments to reply to, blogs to catch up with, and e-mails to answer. They’ll have to wait. I’m looking forward to falling asleep in my own bed, very soon.

I’ll leave you with this photo, which Katie took Thursday morning in Alamo Square. Budding photographer, eh?


3 comments:

  1. So there was a Medford stop-over? Does that mean Grandma stories? I'm all atwitter with the possibility!!

    Glad you're home safe and sound. You were missed. Pre-written posts just don't cut it. (No offense, just prefer you, live and uncut!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where were the dogs? Kennel?

    Please don't tell me you had your dogs and your mom's in the van - on an 8 hr drive to SF...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori--Not to worry, the dogs were in the kennel. We can barely stand them in the car from Portland to Medford; I can't imagine taking them for an even longer drive.

    Sherilee--Yes, we were in Medford for a few days, but I don't have any mean Grandma stories. Boo-hiss, huh? Funny(ish), though: she was in the E.R. on Thanksgiving Day because she was so sick, then went home and went out to play bingo that night. But the next day, when she had the chance to join all of us for lunch at my mom's, she said she wasn't feeling good. I was glad I didn't have to see her and play nice, but I find it amusing that she thought it was totally acceptable that she do that.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails