Nov. 6: Tomorrow might hurt

Election night was awesome, and not just because nearly every candidate and measure I voted for won or passed. It was the complete immersion in the democratic process I could feel as I sat in front of the TV with my laptop. I felt involved. I felt as though I counted.

Twitters were hilarious all evening. Text messages were flying back and forth. Facebook status changes, the comments that followed them, e-mails and phone calls... they all helped me stay up-to-date and informed. And alcohol! So. Much. Alcohol.

Goddess, I love alcohol.

Drinking while watching your candidates win makes it even wheeeee! more fun.

But you know what’s a bad idea? Drinking and blogging. When you drink and blog you can end up with posts that make no sense at all. You can wind up with a post that doesn’t have a point and doesn’t stay to one topic and an ending that comes somewhat abruptly. Especially when you’re watching TV at the same time. And reading twitters.

I’m feeling kinda sleepy.

I like cheese.

I think Jack might be my favorite kid.

No, wait. It’s Katie. I like Katie better.

I’m not feeling so good.

2 comments:

  1. ::giggles:: you crack me up sometimes. I think drunk blogging might be awesome. Or else I'm just an enabler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I thought ALL your postings occurred when you were drunk! WTF?!?!?

    (j/k!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails