Jul. 30: Pretend it’s yesterday

Yesterday was Victor’s birthday and I was too busy with work and errands and trying to survive the god-awful Portland heat that I didn’t post. But if I had, this is pretty much what it would have been.

On July 29 in history…

  • 1890: Artist Vincent Van Gogh died at age 37
  • 1958: President Eisenhower signed a bill creating the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
  • 1981: Lady Diana Spencer married Britain’s Prince Charles

Other July 29 births:

  • Italian Prime Minister Benito Mussolini (1883-1945)
  • U.N. Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjold (1905-1961)
  • Former U.S. Senator Elizabeth Dole (1936)
  • Filmmaker Ken Burns (1953)
  • Country music singer Martina McBride (1966)
  • Actor Wil Wheaton (1972)

Besides being Victor’s birthday, it was also Daryl’s and Scott Neil’s. Probably a few other people’s too. One of my favorite things about Vic’s birthday is that for six weeks after, I’m not four, but FIVE years younger than he is. I married a super-old dude.

To celebrate last night, we had a delicious steak dinner at Darlene and Wellington’s. Sonya and her family were there so that made it extra fun. I can’t speak for Vic, but in my opinion that makes for a pretty great day.

blogsignaturepic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails