Jul. 8: Stephen and those other guys

Here’s more video of my nephew’s band, The Rouge, playing on one of Denver’s local TV stations to promote their concert last night at Red Rocks. You might remember because I’ve mentioned it, like, eleventy times.

The guy who interviews the band at the beginning of this video isn’t the dork that gal was who went all ga-ga over the band members’ hairstyles and asked idiotic questions. And Josh (the lead singer) is pretty funny. My friend Janet says he has hair like Kate of Jon & Kate Plus 8 and I think she’s right.

Best part of this video? You can see quite a bit of Stephen in it, for a change.

 

So, Mom and Kathy went to the show at Red Rocks last night. Kathy called me and left the phone on so I could hear the concert and it was unbelievably cool. When Josh talked I couldn’t hear what he was saying, but it must have been hilarious because I could hear Kathy hee-hawin’ it up. I also heard this weird sound for about 30 seconds that I SWEAR was Kathy chomping her gum into the phone. That’s something she would totally do to me, just to see how long it took me to either hang up on her or start screaming to KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF.

I texted Stephen last night to tell him I heard the show and loved it, and he texted back “thanks, it was pretty crazy.” Crazy amazing, I’d say. Cramazing?

Mom said that before and after the concert there were long lines of fans buying The Rouge stuff and getting autographs from the band. I think it’s just incredible that this is all happening, just watching these boys follow their dreams. They’re incredibly talented, and I’m thrilled for them. I hope they sell enough CDs so someday Josh can get a real haircut too. (Kidding, of course. He’s a cutie.)

blogsignaturepic

3 comments:

  1. Chomping noise? I'm offended! :-) Actually, it was my tap shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them! I can totally see them hitting the big time.

    And of course, just to make myself feel really old, I had to think, "Hey, I held that drummer when he was a baby!" Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, if they're on itunes and playing at Red Rocks, that kinda is the big time, right? Wow.

    Has the Today show called yet?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails