Jul. 12: Weekend non-warriors

A bunch of random things going on this weekend…

My mom went back home to Medford yesterday. All the two-legged residents of the House of Manullang were sad to see her go. The four-leggeds, though, were pretty much GOOD RIDDANCE to Gilly. Millie is now free to roam the house again, making her perhaps the happiest of all.

Life isn’t exactly back to normal, though, because Katie and Jack are in Seattle with Grandpa and Grandma this weekend. Victor and I are taking advantage of these kid-free couple of days to work on house projects. Yesterday we cleared out the playroom and shampooed the carpet. Today I’m working on Jack’s room—there are Legos everywhere and I. Mean. Everywhere.—and Vic will be shampooing more carpet. Looks like I’ll be able to paint the playroom (Katie’s new room) this next week.

Mambo! He's adorable, huh? (This photo stolen from Christina's Facebook album) Last night we went out with Scott and Christina, our new favorite people. Back at their house, Christina made the most amazing mojitos, like, EVER, and we sat on their beautiful new deck and chatted away for hours. Most of the evening’s entertainment was provided by Mambo, their very energetic and silly Papillon puppy. It was a really fun night.

I just looked up “Papillon” to make sure I spelled it correctly and read that “papillon” is French for “butterfly.” Of course, that meant it was trivia time, so I asked Victor if he knew what “papillon” meant. He said “butterfly,” so I was all HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT? in a kind of a whiny, surprised voice (hard to believe I can make such a voice, I know). And he said he just knew, it was one of those things he remembered from whatever, and I didn’t believe him because he lies all the time about everything, especially about not having anything to do with my recent injuries. Heh heh heh… And then he finally admitted that he remembered “papillon” from the worst James Bond movie ever, A View to a Kill. And I laughed my ass off. Because I like to think I didn’t learn a thing from that awful movie, but obviously Vic did and that makes it very, very fun for me to point and laugh at him. To think I was almost running out of reasons!

My cousin Emily posted this to my Facebook wall this morning:

hey Jen, the clumsy trait must be at Saltmarsh gene, I went to answer my phone tonight and somehow dropped it in such a way that I ended up hitting my mouth and giving myself a fat lip. My first thought was of you, that was kinda weird, lol.

I feel bad that she hurt herself, but am also relieved to know I’m not the only one in the family who has these crazy-stupid kinds of accidents.

Well, these Legos aren’t going to salvage themselves. I need to get busy. More later.

blogsignaturepic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails