Jan. 26: From the family archives

My dad’s cousin emailed some old pictures he found of my dad. I love this one of the two of them:

curtwade

That’s Wade on the left, Dad on the right. I think Wade looks like he stepped right out of a Norman Rockwell painting. I have no idea how old they are here… maybe 8 and 10? That would make this about 1952 or so. And I don’t know whose house they’re at, either. Mom, can you tell?

Here’s a pic that makes Dad look like the sportsman he considered himself to be. Not sure where the shirt and tie are; isn’t that how he normally dressed for hiking? Looks like the golf shirt and ridiculous fishing hat were the wardrobe choice for that day’s adventures. And even though his feet aren’t showing in the photo, I can almost guarantee you he was wearing wing-tips.

curthiking

I don’t know who the other people are, but that’s Dad in the middle. The guy on the right looks like Jack from The Rouge, but it’s most likely not. Mom or Deanna, maybe you can identify them?

The third picture appears to be my dad discreetly peeing on a rock. Even though he’s gone, I’m pretty sure he’d die all over again at the thought of a picture of him peeing (or even looking like he might be peeing) being published on the Internet. I’ll be saving that one for when I feel the need to seek revenge over the memory of some way he embarrassed me.

Ah, I do love old photos. Thanks, Wade!

blogsignature

3 comments:

  1. I don't know where that was take. I'm guessing Uncle Claude's. I'll ask my mom. The second one makes me want to whistle the theme song from, "The Andy Griffith Show."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is Uncle Claude's as well. Did you notice the position of your dad's hands? I remember that so well. The second picture could be at YMCA camp--he wore that kind of hat for years. He used to keep a chipmunk under it at camp. Possibly it could have been taken when he was a Boy Scout leader--Wade and Michelle were living in Medford at that time, so your dad might have given him that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO cute of Wade and Dad!! The younger picture makes me think that neither one of us look a thing like him. Bummer cuz he had a great smile (when it was his real one!!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails