Jan. 29: 50 questions

It’s been a while since I’ve done a meme. I know you’ve totally noticed. This one is a bunch of random questions, stolen from one blogger who stole it from another who stole it from another. Y’know, cuz that’s how we do.

  1. Do you get manicures/pedicures?
    I like to, but I haven’t in a while.
  2. When did you last get your hair cut?
    In December. Shaving my head counts, right?
  3. Do you get regular massages?
    I love Swedish massages, but I haven’t had one in years. They give me headaches because my sinuses fill when I’m on my stomach. Aren’t you glad to know that?
  4. Have you ever waxed a part of your body?
    Intentionally? Yes. When I had eyebrows, I got them waxed regularly. I can’t wax anything lower than that, though, mostly out of embarrassment/modesty. I’ve done it, but I prefer not to.
  5. Can you see your veins?
    My skin is transparent, so YES. Phlebotomists love me.
  6. Do you use tanning beds?
    Not since I discovered spray tans.
  7. Favorite soap?
    I don’t really have a favorite, although I do have some preferences. I can’t stand the smell of Dial. I usually buy Lever 2000. For all my 2000 parts.
  8. Favorite shampoo?
    What’s with all the hair questions? Way to remind me over and over that I don’t have any…
  9. Favorite kind of music?
    I like lots of different kinds, but probably Broadway musicals best. My momma taught me right.
  10. Favorite time of day?
    Between 10 and midnight, probably. The kids are asleep and the house is as quiet as I want it to be—good time to watch TV or read or blog.
  11. Favorite local tourist attraction?
    Um… I guess OMSI or the zoo.
  12. Favorite swear word?
    I think the F-word a lot. I try not to say it out loud because my kids have bionic hearing.
  13. Favorite fruit?
    A nice, just-past-green banana.
  14. Favorite kind of meat?
    A filet mignon makes me happy.
  15. Favorite fish?
    I hate seafood. Stinky.
  16. Favorite flavor milkshake?
    Coffee or Oreo.
  17. Favorite kinds of candy?
    Red licorice, Junior Mints, Reese’s Pieces, gummi bears, and grape Now & Laters.
  18. Have you ever eaten a whole bag of potato chips?
    Probably. Not one of those industrial sized ones though.
  19. Have you ever eaten lobster?
    I’ve tasted it.
  20. What’s a food you’re embarrassed to admit you love to eat?
    Lemon Hostess fruit pies, wherein the definition of “fruit” is questionable.
  21. What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
    Oysters, I guess. We used to have these big Saltmarsh family oyster feeds, and I was too young to know any better. (Check out this list to trigger your memory.)
  22. Have you ever climbed a mountain?
    A big one? Like, one that really counts? No. I’ve been to the top of one though… Pike’s Peak, elevation 14,100 feet. I got altitude sickness.
  23. Have you ever been skydiving or bungee jumping?
    Nope. I think the sensation of free-falling would be amazing, but I’m pretty sure I could never make the jump.
  24. Have you ever been water-skiing?
    Not successfully. And not nekkid, but I know someone who has… (psssst… it was Kim F’n, on Beaver—I AM NOT JOKING—Lake).
  25. Do you like your nose?
    It’s alright.
  26. Would you change the color of your eyes if you could?
    Probably not. Blue’s good.
  27. Do you like salt and vinegar potato chips?
    Oh, yes! They’re my favorite kind.
  28. Do you eat salsa?
    Yeah. I like the smooth stuff better than chunky.
  29. What do you buy at the movie theater concession stand?
    Popcorn, almost always (without the motor oil, thank you). Sometimes candy (see above).
  30. Do you own a boat?
    Not besides the one I play with in the bathtub.
  31. Do you have a pool?
    No. Wait, do inflatable ones count? Because then I totally do.
  32. Can you swim?
    Yes.
  33. Which do you prefer, bagel or toast?
    Toast.
  34. Cats or dogs?
    I love both.
  35. Pens or pencils?
    It depends. I have a preference for #2 pencils lately though. Y’know, for all those standardized tests I take.
  36. Coffee or tea?
    Again, it depends. I like both very much.
  37. Bath or shower?
    Shower for everyday. Bath for relaxing.
  38. Markers or crayons?
    What, no colored pencil option? Then… crayons.
  39. You’re making a trip across the country. Do you drive or fly?
    Oh my word. I would definitely fly. You would not want to be in a car with me driving cross-country.
  40. First credit card you had?
    Nordstrom.
  41. First loan you got was for?
    College.
  42. First major purchase?
    Probably a car.
  43. What was your first job?
    Babysitting, I guess. My first real job was working in an office with my then-stepsister, when I was 16.
  44. What was your occupation previous to the one you have now?
    Software trainer, full time. Loved it.
  45. Have you ever had stitches?
    Surprisingly, just once; last June, when I cut my eyebrow open.
  46. Last time you went to the hospital for something?
    Oh, geez. I go to the hospital all the time; sadly, not just because I work in one.
  47. Last place you drove to?
    Katie and I went backpack-shopping last night.
  48. Last place you flew to?
    Wow, I can’t remember. Has it been that long? What’s happened to my travelin’ ways???
  49. Last time you were at a sports bar?
    If Applebee’s counts, last week.
  50. Last thing you celebrated?
    New Year’s Eve. Katie was away with her cousins, but Jack was home and stayed up until midnight with us. He soooo did not get the excitement.

As always, you’re invited to share your answers in a comment or your own blog.

blogsignature

4 comments:

  1. Do you get manicures/pedicures?
    Yes. I have artif nails on and get them done every two weeks. Pedicures regularly too.

    When did you last get your hair cut?
    Jan 20.

    Do you get regular massages?
    Yes.

    Have you ever waxed a part of your body?
    Yes. Nothing interesting though.

    Can you see your veins?
    Not that well. Phlebotomists don't like me.

    Do you use tanning beds?
    Haven't very much in my 40's but once in a while before a vacation.

    Favorite soap?
    Philosophy Pure Grace.

    Favorite shampoo?
    Aveda Shampure or Kerastase.

    Favorite kind of music?
    Depends on my mood. Almost anything but Country (sorry, Kathy!).

    Favorite time of day?
    Hmmm. Depends. Usually 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.

    Favorite local tourist attraction?
    Rose's Deli (is that a tourist attraction?). I do like the idea of the beach but have a bit of a sand phobia.

    Favorite swear word?
    Oh, definitely, fuck.

    Favorite fruit?
    A perfect mango.

    Favorite kind of meat?
    Well done steak.

    Favorite fish?
    I'm with Jen. Not a big seafood person. Probably halibut.

    Favorite flavor milkshake?
    Praline.

    Favorite kinds of candy?
    Hmmmm. Butterfinger or Baby Ruth.

    Have you ever eaten a whole bag of potato chips?
    Don't remember but I wouldn't put it past me.

    Have you ever eaten lobster?
    Yes. I like it but don't LOVE it.

    What’s a food you’re embarrassed to admit you love to eat?
    Cookie dough.

    What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
    Not sure. Ratatouille. Is that weird?

    Have you ever climbed a mountain?
    No. And never want to if I can help it.

    Have you ever been skydiving or bungee jumping?
    I've parasailed in the Caribbean.

    Have you ever been water-skiing?
    Yes. Love it.

    Do you like your nose?
    Usually. I've thought about making it less Germanic and more pointy though.

    Would you change the color of your eyes if you could?
    Yes. My eyes are kind of hazel/greenish. Wish they were more green.

    Do you like salt and vinegar potato chips?
    Jen and I have similar taste buds. They're my all-time fav too.

    Do you eat salsa?
    Yes.

    What do you buy at the movie theater concession stand?
    Usually - bottled water.
    (And then spend $50 on the kids' stuff!).

    Do you own a boat?
    No.

    Do you have a pool?
    Yes. And contrary to what some people think (VIC!)...it's not a toilet.

    Can you swim?
    Yes.

    Which do you prefer, bagel or toast?
    Toast.

    Cats or dogs?
    I love both but I think cats are smarter and more interesting.

    Pens or pencils?
    Mostly pens.

    Coffee or tea?
    Coffee (hot). Tea (cold).

    Bath or shower?
    Shower.

    Markers or crayons?
    Crayons.

    You’re making a trip across the country. Do you drive or fly?
    Fly.

    First credit card you had?
    Wow. LONG time ago. I think it was Penney's.

    First loan you got was for?
    Law school
    .
    First major purchase?
    1982 Mazda Rx-7.

    What was your first job?
    Laundry at our nursing home.

    What was your occupation previous to the one you have now?
    Worked at Jafco/Best when I was in law school.

    Have you ever had stitches?
    Yes. Both planned and unplanned.

    Last time you went to the hospital for something?
    To visit my mom when she had her knee replaced.

    Last place you drove to?
    Out to my mom's in Dallas.

    Last place you flew to?
    Seattle. :)

    Last time you were at a sports bar?
    Hmmm. Last year sometime I think.

    Last thing you celebrated?
    Jen's tumor shrinking 70%!!! Next thing, Jen being cancer free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about your pool answer, Lori! But the last one was my favorite. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. # Do you get manicures/pedicures?
    Only a couple of times, but I'll take all gift cards with that end in sight....
    # When did you last get your hair cut?
    December--I've been doing it myself--I know, awful!!--but plan to get it done next week and hopefully my a la natural will be complete....
    # Do you get regular massages?
    Not regular, and perhaps that's why I appreciate them so much when I have them!
    # Have you ever waxed a part of your body?
    With my wrinkles, I'd probably have strips of hair left that's normally tucked "underneath"....
    # Can you see your veins?
    EVEN WITHOUT GLASSES....
    # Do you use tanning beds?
    The last time I used one I got the giggles and forgot to follow directions
    # Favorite soap?
    I have to admit that I still like Ivory...Must show my age.
    # Favorite shampoo?
    Is it Aussie brand?
    # Favorite kind of music?
    Absolutely--Broadway show tunes!!
    # Favorite time of day?
    Morning--sorry, favorite youngest daughter, that's why we don't meet until at least noon....
    # Favorite local tourist attraction?
    Shakespeare Festival!!
    # Favorite swear word?
    If I told you, you'd think I actually used it....
    # Favorite fruit?
    Papaya
    # Favorite kind of meat?
    Chicken breast
    # Favorite fish?
    Salmon
    # Favorite flavor milkshake?
    Vanilla--I know, I'm boring.
    # Favorite kinds of candy?
    Anything red OR chocolate
    # Have you ever eaten a whole bag of potato chips?
    That's why I don't buy them--because I would....
    # Have you ever eaten lobster?
    Yes
    # What’s a food you’re embarrassed to admit you love to eat?
    Not much embarrasses me....
    # What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten?
    Frog legs--they're really delicious!
    # Have you ever climbed a mountain?
    Mt. Thielson (but not to the top);
    # Have you ever been skydiving or bungee jumping?
    No, accompanied with no desire
    # Have you ever been water-skiing?
    Yes--and got up for a record 3 seconds!
    # Do you like your nose?
    I'd like it to be smaller....
    # Would you change the color of your eyes if you could?
    Probably not. Blue’s good.
    # Do you like salt and vinegar potato chips?
    They're OK
    # Do you eat salsa?
    Yes, chucky, mild
    # What do you buy at the movie theater concession stand?
    No, I sneak everything in in my pockets--OK, there are some things I haven't changed from my previous life, but the concession stands are so expensive!
    # Do you own a boat?
    Not a water person
    # Do you have a pool?
    No.
    # Can you swim?
    Not well.
    # Which do you prefer, bagel or toast?
    Toast.
    # Cats or dogs?
    I love both, but currently have the canine type...
    # Pens or pencils?
    Pens--though as many mistakes as I make, I'd do well to consider pencils
    # Coffee or tea?
    Again, it depends. I like both very much.
    # Bath or shower?
    Shower for everyday. Bath for relaxing.
    # Markers or crayons?
    Markers, definitely
    # You’re making a trip across the country. Do you drive or fly?
    I really enjoy traveling by car--preferably with someone who likes to spent time sight seeing and stopping often and staying in lovely motels. BUT I usually fly!
    # First credit card you had?
    Visa
    # First loan you got was for?
    Can't remember
    # First major purchase?
    1957 Chevy Impala--of course I was only 3 at the time!
    # What was your first job?
    Babysitting, and then working on Saturdays for Newcomers Service (similar to Welcome Wagon) typing envelopes on a non-electric typewriter....
    # What was your occupation previous to the one you have now?
    Since I'm retired now, I guess, college professor
    # Have you ever had stitches?
    Does an episiotomy count?
    # Last time you went to the hospital for something?
    Injuries from a car accident
    # Last place you drove to?
    To take Gilly for a play date at the Reisingers this afternoon.
    # Last place you flew to?
    PDX

    # Last time you were at a sports bar?
    If this is an invitation, I accept--a whole new experience.
    # Last thing you celebrated?
    Hearing Jen's oncology report!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How happily coincidental that we both did memes today? I will hang onto this one for a minute or two so as not to over-meme my three readers!

    And, I'm wondering just how mad Kim is going to be about the nekkid joke? That was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails