Jan. 7: O.J. Report

cat scan Today I went in for a CT on the tumor to check its size. After two chemotherapy treatments, my oncologist said it should have shrunk some. The fact that I’ve been able to sleep in a bed again is a good sign that the chemo’s working too. But so far the only really obvious way the chemo proves to be “working” is that my hair has fallen out, and I’m not so happy about that. (I may have already mentioned that thing about my hair. Did I mention that thing about my hair before?)

I wasn’t allowed to eat or drink anything good this morning, and when I got to Radiology I had to drink a gallon of that awful Tang contrast stuff. Then, once I was on the CT table, they gave me that IV contrast that made me feel like I peed my pants. Could I suffer more indignities? I sure could: the proverbial hospital gown that wouldn’t stay closed, a CT tech I’m sleeping with who kept peeking into the dressing room while I changed, and OH YES, that durned baldness.

Victor (aforementioned peek-y tech) didn’t do my scan—he says it’s because he’s not supposed to, but we all know he just doesn’t want to hurt me and suffer the consequences—but he was nearby. He was able to watch the screen to see that the tumor has gotten noticeably smaller. Hooray! Good news!

The official report will be done tomorrow, but Vic was able to talk to the radiologist late this afternoon and he found out two good things:

  1. The cancer does not appear to have spread
  2. O.J. appears to have shrunk by about 70 percent

Seventy percent! That’s a lot! No wonder I can sleep horizontally and I’m not such a bitch these days! There’s still a long road ahead, but we’re definitely off to a good start. I’m just glad to know the chemo’s actually doing something good to my body along with all the bad stuff.

Thanks to all of you who sent out good vibes, happy thoughts, and uplifting prayers. I sure would’ve appreciated some help drinking all that Tang, though. Next time?

blogsignature

11 comments:

  1. Rock solid, girl. So glad. 70%, nothing to sniff at! Next stop: 100% GONE! Now I will uncross all these arms and legs, until you need them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do it! I love Tang! I prefer it in the powder form. Does that wrk?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! no tang for me but i'm doing my darnedest with the vodka and peach syrup drained from the canned peaches (hey, desperate times . . . )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossing my "girly things" worked, yes? YAY!!!! Just like I said this morning...OJ is goin' DOWWWWWN. Woot! I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 70%?! Remind me NEVER to get on your bad side, girl! I so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen! Thanks for sharing the good news with us. :)

    Ted M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I un-cross my eyes now? Startin' to get a head-ache! 70%, that's a C! Not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! I'm so happy for you Jennifer! Yippee for shrinkage! How many more exclamation points can I use without getting into trouble?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow 70%! Take that OJ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sah-weet!!! 70% is huge! I'll mix up a nice pitcher of Tang-tinis tonight in celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jen! Thanks for sharing the good news with us. :)

    Ted M.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails