Jan. 20: Just a list o’ stuff

I have randomness to share, because that’s the way I think at this time of night.

  • Sleeping next to someone who snores really sucks, and that is part of the reason it’s 2 a.m. and I’m blogging instead of sleeping.
  • I need a new desk chair. I want it to be supportive in the right places, but it has to be pretty too. I’d like a brown or navy leather one. Scoot-y. With arms. Preferably a high back. Also, it has to not have a worn down front edge that scratches the backs of legs when I sit in it naked.
  • I looked for a picture of 'something random' and here's what popped up. A sheep-dolphin. Not creepy at all. The episode of The Office when Dwight has been fired and goes to work for Staples, and then Michael comes in at the end and asks him to come back to Dunder-Mifflin, and “Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong” is playing on the speakers overhead? That is some damn funny television right there.
  • Tonight I laughed so hard at the PTO meeting that I kinda threw my head back and felt my hat start to slip. I caught it in time, but I cannot imagine the humiliation if I hadn’t. I should probably start being less physically expressive—I shall study Raquel Welch’s tap-dancing performance in Scarsdale Surprise.
  • Speaking of my baldness, sometimes I forget how long it’s been since I last showered. With hair, I could always tell by how greasy it felt; now I can’t. I kinda want you to tell me if I smell like I need a shower, but I kinda don’t.
  • The Rouge is playing in Boise on Friday night. I just found out about it the other day and have been trying ever since then to figure out how I could pull off a trip. It’s a sucky time to drive the seven hours because of that one stretch of I-84 that’s unpredictably icy this time of year, and last minute flights were crazy-expensive. Still, I kept hanging onto the hope that I’d think of a way. Today I gave up. To The Rouge boys: next time give Auntie Zen more notice. Thanks.
  • I called Comcast today to change our service in an effort to lower our monthly cable cost. We downgraded our cable TV from “preferred” to “starter,” which means we still get the channels we’ve always had but won’t get the ones we’ve had for the past year that we never watch. We also changed our digital voice package so that we no longer have voice mail (which we rarely check anyway) and will now have to pay for long distance calls made from our land line. Funny, because we didn’t know we had free long distance all this time. We use our cell phones almost exclusively anyway, so this changes pretty much nothing. But… it knocked $50/month off our bill. The lesson to be learned here, kids, is that sometimes it pays to make a phone call.
  • I think I might watch too much Law & Order. I’m not paranoid, but I’m quite sure there’s something sinister going on around every corner. Maybe I just need to move to a safer neighborhood. Also, I’m hearing an awful lot of voices lately. I don’t think I’m the only one…
  • I get to have lunch with two of my favorite girls on Wednesday! People all over the world are going to be green with envy. Well, a handful of people on Facebook will be.

Time to try to fall asleep again. ‘Night.

blogsignature

4 comments:

  1. I hate that you couldn't sleep but LOVE how funny you are at 2 a.m.!

    And I can't WAIT to see you today. And to see how that Raquel imitation is going...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you see how green with envy I am over here on Bradford? God, our neighborhood sucks. We should move. I'm thinking, Australia. You totally didn't stink last night, when I air hugged you. And what we're you laughing at that I flipping missed (cuz I was sitting at the other table)? And I laughed at the scratchy chair part, cuz you walk around naked, like I do (I should get some curtains--thanks for the reminder). And next time I'm over there, lemme hear the voices too, cuz I've always wanted to do that. (smoochola)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEN! I have minutes of free time on my hands (first time in forever) and am so happy to catch up on your latest. No worries about the voices-- they are very real. Our neighborhood is going to pot. Monday night I jumped out of bed, threw a coat over my nightshirt and a pair of Scott's loafers on my bare feet so I could drive over to the cottage behind us and chew out the kid who was testing his new car stereo at 11pm. I scared the crap out of him. REally, he looked extremely shocked and frightened. If you need me to come stop the voices, I've discovered I'm pretty good at this. Can't wait to see you again! Like between terms or something. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you see how green with envy I am over here on Bradford? God, our neighborhood sucks. We should move. I'm thinking, Australia. You totally didn't stink last night, when I air hugged you. And what we're you laughing at that I flipping missed (cuz I was sitting at the other table)? And I laughed at the scratchy chair part, cuz you walk around naked, like I do (I should get some curtains--thanks for the reminder). And next time I'm over there, lemme hear the voices too, cuz I've always wanted to do that. (smoochola)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails