Jan. 5: Lisa Schroeder rocks

My author friend, Lisa Schroeder, is celebrating the release of her newest young adult novel today. Tonight she had a reading/signing at Barnes & Noble, which I excitedly attended. She talked about how Chasing Brooklyn came to be, and how she’s grown as an author. She also read a few pages before she answered some questions and sat down to sign for her fans. I’m so thrilled for her success!

And how amazing would it be to go to Barnes & Noble.com and see your next appearance being promoted on the events page of the site? I did a screen shot of their “Lisa” ad as it appeared yesterday:

Too cool, huh?

And here’s a creatively produced trailer for her new book:

Since Chasing Brooklyn was released just today, I haven’t had a chance to read it yet—but if it’s anything like Lisa’s other books, I know I’ll enjoy it. She writes in verse, and it’s absolutely beautiful and poetic and lovely to read. The subject matter and target demographic is a bit outside of who I am, but no matter. When it comes to reading, good is good… and Lisa is exceptionally good.

Lisa’s next book, a mid-grade novel called It’s Raining Cupcakes, is coming out in March. She’ll be doing another reading/signing then, and Katie’s already looking forward to it—she’s jealous of all the author events I go to, and has been asking me for months when she can go to one of “her” authors’ readings. smiley

Congratulations, Lisa!

blogsignature

2 comments:

  1. You are a doll for coming. THANK YOU!! *smooch*

    I wanted to send you away with some happy books though. Books that will make you laugh and laugh, which are NOT my books. I'm going to think on that and send you some suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a doll for coming. THANK YOU!! *smooch*

    I wanted to send you away with some happy books though. Books that will make you laugh and laugh, which are NOT my books. I'm going to think on that and send you some suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails