Jan. 27: Wednesday things

Here are some of the thoughts rolling around in my noggin today:

  • I’ve felt kinda crappy all day. This is the beginning of my third week since chemo, so I should be feeling better now, or at least that’s the way it’s been after my treatments so far. Kim F’n says the poison’s building up in my system and I think she’s right. What am I saying? OF COURSE she’s right. Kim F’n is never wrong.
  • I started getting a headache last night; it actually began as a toothache, and because of where it is, I’m pretty sure it’s one of my wisdom teeth. I’ve avoided having them removed for the last several years because my dentist has never said it was all that urgent and quite frankly, the whole idea of it makes me nervous. Novocaine and nitrous oxide both make me feel pukey and I want to be put completely OUT to have my wisdom teeth pulled. I think that means I need an oral surgeon rather than a dentist, and I haven’t gotten around to finding one because (again!) there’s never been a hurry to do it. And now that I might possibly NEED to have those stupid wisdom teeth pulled, I probably shouldn’t. I’m not even supposed to floss my friggin’ teeth because with my compromised immune system it could start a new infection. So I’m trying to deal with a toothache, which is causing a migraine-like headache, which is making me nauseous, and in case I haven’t mentioned this before, I really really really hate cancer.
  • I have a weird rash/breakout kind of thing on my neck and shoulders. I don’t know what it is. It doesn’t itch or even really hurt all that much, but it’s not pretty and makes me kinda mad. I’ve never had an acne problem but-cept for the occasional giant, single zit on the end of my nose. So what’s up with this constellation on skin that is quite frequently visible when I’m wearing T-shirts? Grrr, I say.
  • Two of my three girl critters were sleeping very sweetly this evening. Take a look (quietly, please, so’s not to disturb their slumber):

    Millie and Scout
  • The kids were at Grandpa and Grandma’s overnight last night, so today was my morning to get up slowly and not shower until noon. Then last night I happened to see a volunteer training session on my calendar. Dammit. I got up early(ish) and went to the school to teach parents not to walk through the library during school hours, but nobody showed up. I was kinda grouchy already, and that didn’t help. I worked on a few other volunteer-related things so the morning wasn’t a total loss, and I did get to see Fancy Lori™ for a couple minutes, but still… Flaky people who don’t show up for trainings I schedule just for them? They piss me right off.
  • Will that Qwest commercial where the guy says “I’m using le wi-fi” in the thick French accent ever NOT make me laugh?
  • I also like the Special K commercial where the mom’s sitting in her kid’s chair and when she stands up the chair sticks to her bum. I don’t like it because I can relate to it, or anything like that. Noooo.
  • Deanna and Debi are both on Facebook now and it makes me happy happy happy. It’s all I can do not to plaster their walls with silliness, but I’m afraid I’ll scare them away. People who have taken this long to finally participate in social media networks must be approached cautiously.
  • A funny quote I found recently:

Good friends will be there to take your drink
away from you when they think you’ve had enough.
But your BEST FRIENDS will look at you trippin’ over your own two feet and say,
“Bitch, drink the rest of that. You know we don’t waste that kinda shit!”

  • …which reminds me… in that book I just read, The Middle Place, Kelly The Cancer Patient drinks alcohol often. I was told I shouldn’t drink at all while I’m in cancer treatment. I think I’d rather not listen to my oncologist, and instead follow the example of a random author. Wouldn’t this all be a lot easier to deal with if I was numb? And wouldn’t remember it all later? And was all loose and happy and didn’t care about anything? Huh? You know I’m right, don’t you?

blogsignature

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that quote!! (course I do!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - I didn't know Deanna was on FB :). Lalala, I'm gonna friend her ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - I didn't know Deanna was on FB :). Lalala, I'm gonna friend her ;).

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails