Jan. 9: Surgery Update II

Good morning! Welcome to day 2 of the "When is Jen gonna start posting again?" blog.

Jen's feeling a little more pain this morning, although the Vicodin is helping. The surgeon gave Jen quite a bit of local anaesthesia during surgery. Of course, once that started wearing off last evening the pain started to increase. Jen says she didn't sleep too well last night either, due to the pain and the effects of the Vicodin. Right now she's resting. Luckily, she's not having any nausea problems and her appetite is normal. And, of course, I've got the day off, so she has me to take care of her. (BTW, does Jen mention in this blog how lucky she is to be married to such a helpful, patient, handsome man like me? I'm sure she does.)

Last night Jen got flowers from the kids (I think Mom had something to do with that). And Mom brought some cottage cheese loaf. If you were raised SDA, then you know what that is.

Later for now.

Vic

9 comments:

  1. You're a good man Vic Manullang! She is lucky to have you even though I've never heard her mention you before. {{kidding}}

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck is cottage cheese loaf?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the surgery went well - and yeah I'm dying to know what a cottage cheese loaf is now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here - I'll help Jen/Vic out:

    Cottage cheese loaf is like well, I'm not sure what. Nothing like Skallops or Nuteena though. ;)

    http://www.beabree.com/2006-03/kellogs-special-k-cottage-cheese-loaf-sda-style/

    My Grandma's specialty was a peanut butter loaf. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgive my saying so - but it is my very humble opinion that "cottage cheese loaf" is bar none - the best thing to come out of the whole SDA movement. Along with nut balls! Sher gave me the "apple a day - cookery for doctor's wives" for Christmas - just so that I can cook like an SDA doctor's wife!!! Yeah. Brian is so happy.

    Hope you're feeling back to your snarky self very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to Lori and Corinne. Lori, I found that same website. Corinne, hate to disagree with you, but skallops top CCL (that's my humble opinion, anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't even weigh in on the vege meat debate... these things are extremely personal. But Corinne, remember we decided to call them nut patties? Balls, not so appealing... but regardless of what they're called, oh yum.

    Jen, we seem to have gotten distracted from the real meat (!) of the post, which is that you're recovering, and that your lovely thoughtful husband is keeping us apprised of your health. I'm glad you're doing better, keep chugging the drugs, baby. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vic and Jen. Hope that everyone is doing okay at your house. We'll be thinking about you and praying for a quick recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vic and Jen. Hope that everyone is doing okay at your house. We'll be thinking about you and praying for a quick recovery. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails