Jan. 3: Please Monday, don’t be late

Boy, the teachers are gonna have a big job to do come Monday. It’s been three weeks since the kids were last in school and I think Katie and Jack have forgotten how to read. For the last week they’ve been doing this:



This is actually time-lapse photography of six hours; they did not move that whole time.

I’d encourage them to get up and do something else, but it would probably be noisy and that would totally harsh my mellow.

I do not like when my mellow gets harshed.

If it snows tomorrow night I don’t care; I’ll drop the kids off at the school on Monday anyway and tell them if they just stand and wait someone will come by eventually and let them in. Maybe they can huddle with the crowd of all the other kids whose parents will do the same thing (I’m looking at you, Lori Lassen). Three weeks off school is just way too long. Work with me here, Mother Nature.

5 comments:

  1. I actually left mine at school today just to be safe. Is it going to get cold tonight???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take them in Sunday afternoon just to be on the safe side. Teach them how to make a fire in a trashcan and they'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you send them WITH the video games they might not even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori - Hey, if they choose not to wear coats to school even when we tell them to, is it our problem if they freeze while standing outside for two days?
    Chris - remind me again why you're not a parent? You should totally teach "Skills of the Hobo" classes.
    Jen E - great idea; the novelty hasn't worn off yet so the games would distract them from whining about their frostbite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you send them WITH the video games they might not even notice.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails