Jan. 8: Surgery Update

Hey blog followers. I'm Victor, Jen's husband. I'll be filling in, at least for a little while. If you follow this blog, you know that Jen had surgery today. She'll be able to give a more compete version soon, this will be more of a summary.


We checked in at the hospital around 9:30 this morning. The surgery wasn't scheduled till 11:30. I was able to stay with her up to that point. This was a fairly quick procedure. It was less than an hour when they told me the surgery was done. (She still had to stay in recovery for another hour.) The surgeon told me that things went well. They removed whatever it was that was causing the lump and pain. We still don't know what it is. It'll take at least a day or more for the lab to run its tests.


They called me after Jen was taken back to her room. It seemed like her pain wasn't too bad, although that may have been due to the pain meds. We stayed at the hospital till almost 4 pm. Right now Jen is resting up in our room. We'll have a follow up with the surgeon next week.


I'm grateful to all the folks who took care of Jen today. Everyone in the Short Stay unit, Admitting, and Surgery.


Special thanks to Jen's friend Margaret, a nurse in the OR. To our neighbor Dawn, who made us some of her wonderful Mac & Cheese. And to my folks who are watching our kids this afternoon and evening.


Take care.


Vic

5 comments:

  1. Yay for Jen! Glad the surgery is over with. I'm sending good vibes that your results are great. (p.s. You know that cancerous growths grow quickly. You've had your problem for a fair amount of time it sounds like = slow). See, everything's going to be fine. We're all rooting for you!! :O)
    Get some good rest, girl. And happy healing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Victor. I'm glad everything went well! Give the girl a hug for me... a sideways gentle hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - we're thinking about you and wish you a painless and lumpless recovery :) Did Vic give you a bell to ring from upstairs whenever you need anything, anything at all? If not - Vic you can't erase this posting :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen can I have that pink emisis basin that I'm sure you got at the hopspital? Cuz it makes for a great candy dish! Just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update Vic.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails