Jan. 27: Who’s the dork?

Yesterday was a teacher in-service day and there was no school, so today was Jack’s first day wearing his new glasses in front of his friends. He was nervous about it; he kept saying he was embarrassed because he looked weird and nerdy. Poor little guy. But what can we do?

This, I guess: just before we went out the door this morning, I knelt down in front of him and said, “I think you look really cool. Those glasses are awesome.”

He rolled his eyes a little but looked like he believed me. And as I hugged him, I thought “Great, I’ve turned into Milhouse’s mom.” I’m not suggesting he’s Milhouse, but I am definitely Luann.

[sigh]

4 comments:

  1. :) Well they do make him look cool. ALL the cool kids wear glasses now you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute in those glasses! And you are a good mom to reassure him, really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That explains your new picture on your blog... would you call that your avatar? You way cool, Luann.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Well they do make him look cool. ALL the cool kids wear glasses now you know.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails