Jan. 25: Mr. Magoo

How old were you when you first needed glasses? Did you dread the idea, or were you excited?

I got glasses when I was in second grade. I remember being mostly indifferent about them; I didn’t love the way they looked, but I thought seeing the chalkboard and TV more clearly was pretty cool. I got contacts in tenth grade and had LASIK a couple years ago.

Vic got glasses in fourth grade. He was like me: not thrilled, but he knew he needed them. He’s worn contacts occasionally since then but his allergies make them uncomfortable a good portion of the year. He wants to get LASIK but I won’t let him because I’m almost positive his eyes go crossed when he’s not wearing his glasses.

Nowadays Harry Potter and stylish glasses for kids have certainly helped with the nerd factor of wearing glasses. Right? I know Ashleigh Banfield and Tina Fey changed it for women…

Jack’s teacher mentioned at his conference a couple months ago that he might need glasses. Good parents we are, we kept forgetting to take him in for an eye exam. Yesterday was the big day. The verdict? The poor boy has inherited his parents’ vision.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, still so cute! Glad to see you got around to checking that out.

    I still don't need glasses. I'll let you know when I do. ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my boy!!!! Cuter than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in the 4th grade when I first got glasses and at the time didn't care much either way - it was sometime in high school that I got all teenage girly and suddenly hated them - and refused to wear them for almost a year as much as possible. Silly, silly idea. Sometime in college I got my first pair of stylish looking glasses, and now have a pair that I truly love.

    I've thought about contacts but I have allergies also and rub my eyes constantly (and have no desire to touch them any closer than that) and honestly, I don't mind the glasses anymore. I'm good.

    Jack looks super cute in those glasses! They really have come a long way with making them look cute instead of goofy - but again, maybe it's just our perception of glasses has changed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have hoped you got him some that were.....more sturdy. I've got some extra duct tape if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in the 4th grade when I first got glasses and at the time didn't care much either way - it was sometime in high school that I got all teenage girly and suddenly hated them - and refused to wear them for almost a year as much as possible. Silly, silly idea. Sometime in college I got my first pair of stylish looking glasses, and now have a pair that I truly love.

    I've thought about contacts but I have allergies also and rub my eyes constantly (and have no desire to touch them any closer than that) and honestly, I don't mind the glasses anymore. I'm good.

    Jack looks super cute in those glasses! They really have come a long way with making them look cute instead of goofy - but again, maybe it's just our perception of glasses has changed?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, still so cute! Glad to see you got around to checking that out.

    I still don't need glasses. I'll let you know when I do. ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails