Apr. 11: S-A-TUR-DAY night

I hate trying to catch up when I haven’t blogged for a couple days. You probably haven’t noticed or even care (and for that you can bite my arse). I don’t know where to begin because I’ve been super busy and on the road and therefore have not had a chance to blog; it’s not that I have nothing to say. Not that that’s ever stopped me in the past…

I’m sitting here with Vic in my mom’s living room in Medford. She and my seester, who flew in yesterday, talked throughout the night, so they went to bed early tonight. I stayed up with them last night too, but gave up around midnight and went to bed so I got a decent night’s sleep. They were up again way too early this morning and as soon as I heard them I got my butt out here because when I’m not around I know they talk about me, I just know it.

Victor is going home tomorrow and taking the kids. I’m staying in Medford for another couple days. We don’t have too many plans but hope to have a bit of girly fun, see some extended family, and avoid Grandma.

Speaking of Grandma, she could hardly wait for Kathy to get over there this morning. Cut to me rolling my  eyes and screeching in my best impression of the old bat: “Kathy’s so wonderful! I haven’t seen her forever! I love her so much! I write her letters on clean paper! She’s the best granddaughter I could ever hope for! I get sad when I don’t see her! P.S., I hate her little bitch sister.”

LittleMissNaughtyTomorrow morning Grandma, Uncle Paul and Claire are coming over for Easter brunch. I’m making the bodacious frit-ta-ta, with Grandma’s portion containing a special blend of drugs no one else has the guts to administer. I swear, they leave all the illegal stuff up to me. We’re all done with the woman, but who has to do the deed? Moi.

Well, in spite of the Grandma-ness of being in Medford, we’re all having a lovely time together. Kathy took the kids to Toys R Us today and pretty much told them to pick out anything they wanted, so I think they’re having the best time of all (Auntie Lovely Lori, you’ve got some competition!). We also did some shopping that was fun for the grown-ups; mostly I was looking for an excuse to be seen with the Coach purse my sister gave me last night. We love her even if she doesn’t shower us with gifts, but OH MY GOODNESS, the gifts definitely help.

Tomorrow we’ll start beading after brunch and probably not stop or shower until we run out of supplies. I know you wish you were here. So sorry.

Happy Bunny Day! My gift to you is this clip of Jim Gaffigan doing his bit on holiday traditions. Try not to pee yourself.

jensignature

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are having fun! Even if you don't seem the least beat guilty for excluding me. :( Coach purse! Wow! Just when you think she can't get any better she pulls something like that. She's a keeper! ;)

    Thinking of you all and missing you...xoxo

    (P.S. Jen - if you can stop (again) in Salem on your way home I can show you the new/really old house!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a grand time! I hope there are lots of Grandma stories (not for your sake, but for ours) after brunch... do share!

    And thanks for the Gaffigan. I love that little voice he does...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are having fun! Even if you don't seem the least beat guilty for excluding me. :( Coach purse! Wow! Just when you think she can't get any better she pulls something like that. She's a keeper! ;)

    Thinking of you all and missing you...xoxo

    (P.S. Jen - if you can stop (again) in Salem on your way home I can show you the new/really old house!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails