Apr. 18: Much new-ness

iphone3gYippee! I got an iPhone yesterday. Spending a weekend with my seester and her Blackberry was just too much for me. I admit, it’s been difficult all this time, suffering the taunts of Ed (who has been known to throw cruel accusations at me in the past, such as, “you’re so technically savvy, AOL is your Internet service provider?”), Lori (“what’s wrong with you?”) and, well, almost everyone else I know. Now I can join in with them all as a text messager and email checker and web surfer and twitterer while on the go.

I don’t deal with peer pressure in an inexpensive way, no sir.

The iPhone certainly has some nice features. I’ve downloaded applications for twitter and Facebook. I’ve found some fun games. I synced my contacts and calendar with Outlook. I’m using—and liking—iTunes for the first time. So far, so good.

What I don’t like:

  • The touch keyboard is a challenge, to say the least. I had no idea I had such stubby fingertips.
  • iPhone ringtones suck, and you can’t use custom-made ones. Steve Jobs needs to kiss my big fat butt for that one because I ♥ my custom ringtones. What good is a phone that won’t play “Hollaback Girl” when Ed calls, anyway?
  • I haven’t found a way to easily sync my Outlook notes with iPhone notes, although I’m sure I will eventually. I didn’t realize I rely on those notes so much.
  • There’s no graphics organizer included and that makes no sense to me at all.
  • The fingerprints! My god, the fingerprints!

Kathy has assured me that I’m now as cool as three out of four Vosses. Whew. Isn’t that what we all want? However, I’m sure I remember being told that random people would be wanting to have sex with me now that I’m an iPhone user, and there haven’t been any yet—no random ones, anyway. Just the usuals.

Two Facebook things cracked me up today. First, Shawn’s response to my status update/complaint:

jenfbstatus418

I also thought Vic’s status was pretty good:

vicfbstatus0418

Which brings me to another new thing from this week… Yes, Victor got new glasses. Bifocals. He thinks this makes him old and I admit to helping that a teeny bit. Of course, I had bifocals in grade school, so I don’t think it has much to do with age at all. Besides, Vic will always be a superhero, or at least Indiana Indonesia Jones, to me.

In other Facebook news, I friend-ed Marilee this past week! She was a classmate in high school and one of my college roommates. We lost touch over the years and are now getting reacquainted. See why I love Facebook? Just when I think I’ve stopped being so addicted to it, another dear friend shows up on my “people you may know” list and I LOVE it!

sleepy Perhaps the most exciting new thing from this week is that our fancy new bed was finally, FINALLY delivered this morning! We already have one family member who hates it—Scout, who can’t jump on it without a good running start and then bites at Casey and Millie because they can. I’m attaching a lot of high hopes to this mattress to relieve my now-constant lower back pain; I’m hoping it won’t disappoint. I’ll be testing it out when naptime comes in another couple hours. Or maybe I won’t wait; I’ve got a new book waiting on my nightstand and a TiVo full of shows I missed while in Medford. I had all kinds of plans to get through my to-do list today, but that was before the bed arrived. Heh heh… extra-long to-do lists are what Sundays are for, right?

jensignature

3 comments:

  1. "What's wrong with you?" looks so harsh in print. I'm sure I said it in the most loving "tough love" kind of way. ;)

    If I have to see one misspelled word because of that iPhone - I'll lose it! Kathy, Cherie and *YOU* are the only people I can count on for being as anal as I am about typos! Don't let me down! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting week! Now you can recline in luxurious comfort on your new mattress, fiddling around on your iPhone. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new phone - fingerprints aside, I'm insanely jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails