Apr. 23: Thursday Thunks #4

  1. thursdaythunks If you could skywrite anything you wanted, what would it be?
    Something profound, for sure. One possibility: “Girls are NOT complicated. Seriously, how hard it is to say ‘you're pretty’ and give us chocolate?”
  2. Did you get drunk at your prom?
    Adventist schools = no prom
  3. What is your favorite spice to use cooking?
    Is sugar a spice? I’d say I probably use basil, oregano and cilantro more than anything (I don’t know if they count, but I’m gonna say they do). I don’t have a favorite spice, exactly; I use what the food tells me it wants. (If that sugar thing doesn’t make me sound like a weirdo, my food talking to me should... heh heh…)
  4. What color is your roof?
    Black.
  5. In a land far, far away I _____________
    think people have it all figgered out.
  6. In the Miss USA pageant, Miss California was asked; “Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?” and her answer was; “Well I think it’s great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman,” Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. “No offense to anybody out there. But that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think that it should be between a man and a woman.” Do you think that cost her the crown?
    If Perez Hilton was voting, then it most certainly made a difference. My first reaction to Miss California’s response was that it’s shameful how close-minded she is, but then I thought about how young she is… and the fact she used the term “opposite marriage” kind of says to me that she probably hasn’t given the issue much serious thought. Why should she? She’s a pageant girl who’s probably never needed to. And she deserves a little bit of pardon for the nervousness factor.
  7. Do you watch Miss USA/Miss America pageants?
    I remember watching them as a kid. I thought they were fascinating, but my interest waned as an adult. I admit to paying more attention since my friend Annalee represented Washington State in Miss America, and since our very own Miss Oregon won a few years ago.
  8. Have you ever driven/ridden on a tractor?
    Yes.
  9. For the parents - what cartoon/children show did your child watch obsessively? (Hey, if you aren’t a parent, maybe a niece or nephew...)
    Pretty much everything on Disney Channel.
  10. If I set a level on your living room floor - would it show that it was level?
    Yes. The walls aren’t straight, but the floor is fairly level.
  11. What was the last restaurant you ate at?
    California Pizza Kitchen on Tuesday.
  12. What’s the picture on your wall calendar for this month?
    Um, who uses wall calendars? Is it 1980 again somewhere?
  13. Are you superstitious?
    No.
  14. If I get into your car and turn on the radio - what type of radio station will I hear?
    NPR.
  15. Would you rather wake up with a snake in your bed or a lizard?
    Neither, thank you.
  16. Do you think schools have changed at all since the Columbine tragedy 10 years ago? In what ways?
    The “zero-tolerance” thing is definitely enforced now, at least around here. I’m thankful for that, but if kids really want to shoot up a school, they’re still going to find a way to do it. More importantly, parents need to remember they still have a job to do at home, like (for starters) keeping guns separated from ammo and keeping both locked up.

As always, now it’s your turn. Answer in a comment or on your own blog and post a link at the Thursday Thunks site. Thanks for playing.

What is THURSDAY THUNKS? Thursday Thunks (TT) is a blog meme for those who need a little kick in the butt to find something to post about. Your blog posts/answers to TT’s can be type or pictures, doesn’t matter! YOU pick, not us, we just give you the assignment (yep, just like English class... only we won’t grade your spelling and grammar).

jensignature

7 comments:

  1. Hi!
    My first try at Thursday Thunks! Love all your answers! Have a great day!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers... and I totally understand about the food talking thing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you did both the Thunks and T13! Very ambitious.

    And, jealous of CPK on Thursday. Pout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perez Hilton is a hypocrite -- of course the question was about personal belief, just look at how he's reacting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perez Hilton is a hypocrite -- of course the question was about personal belief, just look at how he's reacting

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails