Oct. 1: My li’l piano man

Today was The Boy’s first real piano lesson and he didn’t hate it. Wait, I need to say that again.

He didn’t hate it!

I love that Katie and Jack are learning to play the piano on the same one I learned on. (If a piano was purchased from a neighbor in 1970, but stays in one family for generations after, does that make it a family heirloom? Let’s say it does.) K&J haven’t begun to fight over the piano for practice time yet, and while I fully expect they will, Katie has an electronic keyboard so there shouldn’t be a big problem. We shall see.

Katie’s in her third year of lessons now, and doing a great job. I’ve told the kids they need to take at least five years of lessons each, and Jack is all NO FAIR because Katie’s “almost done” (he says) and he still has five to go. It doesn’t matter to him that I promise he’ll learn new instruments faster if he has a piano background, probably because right now the only other instruments he’s really interested in are drums. Sorry, pal. I’m stickin’ to this one.

blogsignature

8 comments:

  1. I guess I never told you about all the money I've spent in therapy trying to get over my Mom "making me" take piano lessons all those years. Hmmm. I'm sure it won't come back to bite YOUR arse, though.

    When I finally did quit the piano and clarinet (yes, I said clarinet) lessons I had no idea that for the rest of my life I'd hear "If you'd only kept it up..." every time my mother listened to some accomplished musician!

    Oy vey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Mary & Mother MaryOctober 1, 2009 at 10:29:00 PM PDT

    Grandma is very proud!!

    and P.S. to L. Lori: You could be playing special music at church if you'd kept up!!!! For shame....

    ReplyDelete
  3. as in Grandma Mary AND Mother MaryOctober 1, 2009 at 10:30:00 PM PDT

    That's an "and" above....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mother Mary. I'm be more likely to get in the "special ed" group than the "special music" group. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. as in Grandma Mary AND MotherJune 27, 2011 at 11:39:00 AM PDT

    That's an "and" above....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandma Mary & Mother MaryJune 27, 2011 at 11:39:00 AM PDT

    Grandma is very proud!!

    and P.S. to L. Lori: You could be playing special music at church if you'd kept up!!!! For shame....

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails