Oct. 6: I’d love a nap, thank you

Sheesh, I just started writing another bulleted list. What’s worse, one post after another of bulleted lists, or meme after meme after meme? I don’t know.

overwhelmed There’s just all this stuff going on right now. It’s too boring to share every single thing, so you’re just gonna have to trust me that it’s a lot. And it’s getting a little overwhelming. I’m doing my best to keep my head above water, to not be consumed by the weight of it all, the daily-ness of it all, and if going through the motions is what it’s going to take, I’ll do it. For now, anyway.

The sucky part of feeling like this is finding the tiniest little thing setting me off. Example? Katie’s homework today was European geography; she had a list of quiz questions she was to answer using a map that was almost 20 friggin’ years old. Seriously—this map clearly had West Germany and East Germany drawn as separate countries. One of the questions was “how many countries are in Europe?” How exactly is a kid supposed to answer that with a shitty, outdated map that doesn’t even identify all its countries? GAH! It wasn’t just Katie’s doubt in my ability to answer geography questions on a fourth grade worksheet, the whole thing really made my blood boil.

See? Not a huge thing, but I reacted as though it was. I scared myself a little.

The kids have been after us for days to put up Halloween decorations. Finally (FINALLY!), tonight we all went out front and hung our candy corn lights and bat garland, banged the decorative stakes into the yard, and tried to stretch one of those fake spiderweb things across the posts on the porch. Did that work? Ha. Have you ever tried to do one of those fake spiderweb things? You know it’s impossible to make them look realistic, don’t you? But ours didn’t even look like a bad fake spiderweb. It looked like we tried to stretch a big wad of cotton from one porch post to the other, which is, well, exactly what we did. We gave up and tried to pull it all down again, which took as much effort as trying to get it to look like a decorative spiderweb. It kept getting stuck in my rings, and I cursed.

My Internet connection has been dropping unexpectedly. I suspect it’s my wireless card and I just don’t want to deal with trying to figure it out right now.

Plus, so far Saturday Night Live has totally sucked this season.

I could really, really use a good night’s rest. All I need is one. I think it would make a world of difference. I wouldn’t mind a handful of Xanax to go with it. Just enough to make Jen feel like Jen again.

blogsignature

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't handle those *(#$& fake spider webs. Webs of Satan, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um Ya, that homework was a total joke. We got very frustrated by it too. How are the kids supposed to find capitals on such a teen tiny map and that fact that the two maps were different didn't help. USSR my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That whole outdated map would have annoyed me, too - you are definitely not alone! I haven't decorated for Halloween at all... I'm not sure I'm going to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That whole outdated map would have annoyed me, too - you are definitely not alone! I haven't decorated for Halloween at all... I'm not sure I'm going to?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails