Oct. 5: Monday a.m. quickie

Gotta million things to do today. Just some update-y tidbits:

  • The Fun Run on Saturday morning turned out to be really, really Fun with a capital F. It was cold, but never rained and we had a good turnout. Some of the kids went all out on the school spirit thing—we even had face painters. I knew what Katie’s reaction would be because it was the same as mine: “That’s kinda creepy.” But one of the face-painted girls won a big ol’ feast at California Pizza Kitchen for best school spirit, so who’s laughing with her mouth full of pizza now, hm?
  • My favorite moment while manning the water station was when a guy stopped at the table, took a cup of water, and said, “Oh good, I can rest for a bit. Good time for a smoke break too!” I found out later it was Sunshine’s father-in-law. Funny guy. Gotta love the mental picture of smoking while running a 5k.
  • My second favorite moment while manning the water station was when a guy who was running shirtless yelled “GIMMEE ALL YOU GOT, RIGHT HERE!” as he ran toward us. Victor tossed two glasses of water at him, but was too close, and it all splashed right back on Vic. The guy hollered, “Thanks!” and kept going. At least he was refreshed. For the rest of the day I teased Vic because he got Naked Sweaty Dude’s B.O. all over him.
  • Yes, I’m kind of a meanie wife.
  • Wellington and Darlene are gone for a couple weeks, so we don’t have one of our lovely days/nights off for a while. I’m not whining. I appreciate their help so much, but we do kinda get used to it and miss them when they’re off traveling somewhere. Retired people… when do I get to be one?
  • birthdaycakecandlesflowers Today is my friend Christina’s big day. Happy birthday, young thang! I hope your celebration got more fun after your birthday flu shot, because that’s a really sucky gift.
  • I worked on our Christmas CD a little yesterday. I chuckle while I promise it’s gonna be a good one this year, oh yes.
  • Buncha PTO duties today. Work tomorrow. Bye.

blogsignature

2 comments:

  1. I think we perfected our Christmas CD last year. I'm planning to leave it as is and enjoy the perfect holiday sound track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a wonderful friend, Jen. Thank you. And I DID get some wonderful birthday things in addition to my flu shot!
    It makes me happy you and Victor were at that little water stand Saturday. Can't think of two smiling faces I'd rather see than yours after running 1/2 mile sheer uphill. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails