Oct. 21: Celebrating the Voss way

balloons My sister posted a photo on her blog the other day and I stole the high-res version to print and then made a low-res version to put on my blog. Why? Because I’m a bad little sister who never learned not to steal from her big sis but she always let me get away with it so really the fault lies with her, don’t you think?

Ron’s 50th birthday was Monday and I let it go by without even a single mention. Shame on me! I’m a bad baby sis and a bad sister-in-law. I doubt Ron cares, but I still feel kinda bad. This week was hectic the minute it started, and that’s my excuse for failing to post a birthday message or cake or picture of a balloon or anything festive. If we had had a party like we should have, here’s what it would look by now… dead, sad balloons hanging from the ceiling.

By the way, a Google image search for “deflated balloon” actually brings up pictures of a lot of things that LOOK like deflated balloons. Ye be warned. You can’t un-see that stuff, people.

Also, that balloon photo is not the one I stole the high-res version of to print. I’m not a weirdo.

Ron’s real birthday celebration happened in Colorado with Kathy, Sean and Stephen. They did all sorts of fun stuff in honor of the old man, including dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in Denver. And that’s where the afore-mentioned photo was taken:

Vosses

That’s the birthday boy, my brother-in-law; my fab seester Kath; and nephews Sean (22) and Stephen (21). I like seeing them all together, having fun, and being a family. I mean, they’re like this pretty often, but not always when cameras are around, and certainly not when one of them is turning 50. But mostly, it makes me happy to share this photo because these are people I really, truly love.

blogsignature

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. I'll thank you myself since Ron's on the floor of his closet in a fetal position, drooling. That's what old people do, right??

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails