July 19: Swim champs!

Today was the last day of swimming lessons. The kids think the coolest thing about the last day of swimming lessons is that they get candy from their teachers. Parents know it better as the pass/fail day.

Drum roll, please... (thanks, Jack)...

I am very proud to announce that both Katie and Jack passed their swimming classes! This is, of course, not a huge surprise in Katie's case because the girl loves the pool and has zero fear. But Jack was a bit of a question mark. As I wrote earlier, he's made great strides over the course of these nine lessons, and I'm oh-so-proud of my boy.

Being a completely fair mom, though (or at least attempting), I've made a big deal about both of their successes. They didn't really care, as the Dum-Dum lollipops from their teachers were apparently much more meaningful than Mom's bazillion hugs and high-fives and "way to go!"(s). Oh well, I tried. Sometimes you just can't compete with candy.

Next week Katie will start Level C and Jack will go on to Level B. Hooray for my swimmin' kids!

Smell ya later,

Jen

1 comment:

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails