July 20: Too much hairspray

The movie version of the Broadway musical Hairspray opens across the country today. I hope to see it this weekend.

I got the movie soundtrack last night. I was disappointed that there's no "The Big Dollhouse" but otherwise it's fairly similar to the Broadway cast recording. The last song on the CD is "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now," with Ricki Lake, Marissa Jaret Winokur and Nikki Blonsky singing the three girls' parts. There's also a special uncredited line from Harvey Fierstein. Genius!

I wanted to burn a copy for my upcoming road trip so I did a Google image search for a Hairspray graphic I could put on the CD label. There were a lot to wade through, and I thought there'd be no harm in making Link Larkin (Zac Efron) my desktop wallpaper. I mean, the image was there, and I couldn't not right-click it... right? And look at that boy! He's just dreamy. Vic now thinks I'm a perv. He thinks that if he put a girl that age on his desktop wallpaper that I'd make fun of him. He's so very right about the making fun. But I am not a pervert! I probably shouldn't tell Vic that last night I had a dream about meeting Zac Efron and he fell in love with me before I could tell him I'm old enough to be his mother. I hate when that happens. In that same dream, Chris and Sonya bought a TiVo that played oval DVDs and they were just sure oval DVDs were the wave of the future. Hm.

I did finally find a good image to use for the CD label. I know you were wanting to know how that all came out.

I also found a lot of other images that were under the category of "hair spray," like this very scary one:


That's right, altogether now: YIKES.

To paraphrase Taylor, no more hairspray words.

2 comments:

  1. Wait til you turn 40 and Vic tells you he could trade you in for two 20-year-olds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No new posts since Friday? You must be living in a tent near the airport...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails