July 8: Credit card prank

Check out this link to a hilarious story of credit card signatures. Credit Card Prank. The author describes his experiment like this: In my lifetime, I have made nearly 15,000 credit card transactions. I purchase almost everything on plastic. What bugs me about credit card transactions is the signing. Who checks the signature? Nobody checks the signature. Credit card signatures are a useless mechanism designed to make you feel safe, like airport security checks. So my question was, how crazy would I have to make my signature before someone would actually notice?

He's got pictures of his signed receipts, all showing "signatures" that are not even close to his name, or in some cases, text.

So how are we supposed to protect ourselves against identity theft when the people responsible for making sure we are who we say we are don't pay attention??? Yikes.

I love you, no matter how you sign your credit card receipts.

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails