July 1: Uncle Ron rocks

How does Uncle Ron rock? Let me count the ways. There are at least two that I discovered just today.

This morning I opened the garage and Jack screamed, "I can't believe Uncle Ron cleaned our whole garage! He's amazing!!" Y'see, last week Ron (Kathy's ball and chain, for the uninformed) cleared our car-hole of some of Dad's woodworking tools. They'd been there since January, so we'd gotten used to seeing a pretty full garage. It appears Jack was more shocked than anyone that there's actually enough cleared space for a vehicle to fit in there now.

I feel I should point out that Ron was neither cleaning up his own mess, nor was he doing something I asked him to do. He was just being nice. Also, I think it was quieter out there than it ever is inside the house, so I kinda can't blame him for spending a whole afternoon giving our garage the white glove treatment just to get a little respite from the noisy dogs and noisier kids.

Here's the second reason Ron rocks: today Vic got out the miter saw and several pieces of floor trim and worked on our kitchen. I can't think of any reason this would happen except either the guy is really, truly NOT Victor (read my earlier suspicions) or all Ron's hard work made Vic feel a little guilty about it being nearly three years since we have worked on finishing our kitchen floor trim. I bow in humble reverence to the influence of my brother-in-law; it is a sight to behold.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the floor trim thing has been Vic's responsibility, not mine, from the very beginning, and for good reason: can you imagine me trying to operate a miter saw? Or an electric saw of any kind? I would surely lose a finger or six. In other words, the trim would've been done a long time ago if I could have done it myself. Or if I had been more of a nag. But I'm not a nag. I'm a loving, devoted, non-nagging wife who would never nag her husband.

Um... back to Ron. He impressed the h-e-double-hockeysticks out of Jack over the garage, and me over the bee that is now in Vic's arse. Gotta love it. Thanks, dood.

--Jen
P.S. Although the timing might make you question it, Kath, this is not in response to your "Eye of the Tiger" post... really... that would be too obvious, and I'm no copycat. Am not!!

1 comment:

  1. And here I always thought you just liked him for marrying so well!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails