July 2: NOT a band camp tale

I love my seester, I really do. But she got Jack a snare drum and I think I might have to consider loving her a little less.

It’s quite a nice drum, actually, and she was thoughtful enough to throw in a practice pad, junior drumsticks (yum... drumsticks...) and a stand. My musician nephew helped her pick out just the right combo to help Jack with his budding career as a drummer. So while I really do appreciate all the efforts that went into this gift, well, it is still a drum.

Nevertheless, it is set up next to Katie’s keyboard in our living room. Jack and Katie are quickly becoming quite the noisemakers. It’s cute to hear them try to jam, but mostly they like to play “who can be loudest?” and “who can give Mom a migraine?” and “how long before Mom screams ‘use the practice pad!’?” and “let’s make Mom’s ears bleed!” It’s downright adorable, wouldn’t you agree?

I try not to discourage them. I try not to complain about the noise. I try to be supportive during this early stage of musicianship. So I tried to think of a name for their band but I couldn’t think a single thought with all the clatter coming from downstairs, so I enlisted the help of Blogthings’ band name generator. I entered “Manullang” and they told me this:

Your Band Name is:

The Above Average Elves


You'll thank me someday, kids. You will.

J.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, well when The Above Average Elves opens for Jimmie Eats World (The Reunion Tour) you'll be all "thanky thanky."

    You're welcome.

    I used the band name generator, and mine is "The Silly Uncle." Odd. Band Name Generator knows no gender.

    Oh and I'm not telling you WHY I know this, but never stick your finger in your nose with mustard on it. Not even on accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well when The Above Average Elves opens for Jimmie Eats World (The Reunion Tour) you'll be all "thanky thanky."

    You're welcome.

    I used the band name generator, and mine is "The Silly Uncle." Odd. Band Name Generator knows no gender.

    Oh and I'm not telling you WHY I know this, but never stick your finger in your nose with mustard on it. Not even on accident.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails