It’s not Friday, but you’re getting a bulleted list because there’s no way I can connect these thoughts.
- I feel like crap today. I woke up with a killer headache and nothing I did throughout the day made it any better. I’ve been more nauseous today with this headache than I have been in six months of chemotherapy. Totally sucks.
- I’m fortunate to be able to do a lot of my work from home, but there are some things I have to do at client locations and yesterday, it was time. I went to work for the first time in a loooong time. I didn’t feel up to going in, but it’s not like I’m going to be feeling any more energetic anytime soon. Not surprisingly, I was exhausted after an hour of being there and had to really push myself to stay any longer than that.
But the worst thing about work yesterday was when I was getting ready to leave and I leaned over to pick up my purse and bonked my head on the counter on the way back up. I bonked it HARD. I’ve worked there for something like eight years, and I’d never done that before. Besides making me feel like an even bigger accident-prone dork than I already do, it hurt like H-E-double-hockeysticks.
- Do I think that my headache today is somehow related to bonking my head yesterday? You betcha.
- The latest on my grandma is that she’s been disconnected from all the machines and is, for the most part, just being made comfortable. It’s sad to watch my family making these hard decisions; oddly, there’s a part of me that wishes I could be there with them right now. Not for everything, though.
- Tomorrow is the last day of school. Are we moms celebrating the end of our daytime freedom? Yes! We’re meeting for a long, relaxing lunch at a restaurant, and getting together again after school at Dina’s. Since Dina is serving lemon drops and lives just up the street from me, I won’t need a designated driver. How awesome a mom am I that I hope to usher in the summer with a drunkenness unmatched by my previous history of drunkenness? I won’t, of course. But a girl can dream.
I gotta get some sleep.
UPDATE: Heh heh. Turns out it wasn’t a dream that I get drunk off my arse at Dina’s party. I should be embarrassed about that, right? I’m totally not. So there.