Jun. 4: IDCEAYWTPFriday

It’s Friday, and that means you get a post called I Don’t Care Enough About You to Write in Transitioning Paragraphs Friday.

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRENDA! I think Ponch over there is pointing right at you. smiley
  • Have you tried the Powerberries at Trader Joe’s? They’re really, really tasty. And healthy too! OK, they’re probably not really healthy, but they sure do taste good. Here’s a detailed description.
  • Millie came in with a mouse again last night. It was deader than dead. She had a ball batting it around for a few minutes, but when she got her claw stuck in the rug and pulled it over on top of the mouse, I jumped at the chance to scoop it up and throw it away. She walked around crying and making me feel like a bad cat mom for a long time. I’m glad she’s finally catching furry things, but I’d like her to keep her toys outside.
  • I have a new favorite person! Mark-Antonio, a Facebook friend Jenny introduced me to, sent me a big box of Jersey Girl gear. I have him completely fooled into thinking I’m a tough girl, but that’s OK. He’s all kinds of awesome—he sent T-shirts, a baseball cap, and an Inside Jersey magazine. What a generous guy! I’m hoping to meet him in person when he’s here next month.
  • Loveliest Lori posted this video to Facebook this morning. A day that begins with a little Jon Stewart can’t go wrong, right?

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Glenn Beck Airs Israeli Raid Footage
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full Episodes Political Humor Tea Party

  • Another lovely surprise I got in the mail this week: three new books, sent to me by that fabulous author, Pamela Ribon! She sent Why Moms Are Weird, Going in Circles (her brand new book), and Cold Feet. Is she the coolest? I think she just might be. I have a big stack of books to read now, and all of them look so entertaining, it’s been difficult to make a choice each time I’m ready for a new one. That’s a very nice problem to have.
  • Yesterday while I was putting on my shoes, my ankle gave out and I fell down like a big clod. I landed on my left knee, hard, and it’s all swollen and tender now. I can walk fine but everything else that involves my knee makes me whine like a whiny whiner. Why must my body rebel against me in so many ways? Stupid body.
  • For many, many reasons, I’m so thankful for good friends. I don’t mean to brag, y’know, but I’ve got lots.

     
  • If you have handheld electronics, you should have an invisibleSHIELD for the screen. I got one for my iPhone last year and I love it—it not only protects it from scratches, but makes the touch much nicer. The iPhone shields are $20, which is a lot more expensive than most screen protectors you can buy, but they’re a lot stronger too. I don’t remember if I’ve mentioned the invisibleSHIELD before, but I was reminded of how fab they are because I got one for my new phone today.
  • Oh, and I got a new hat! Debi knit (knitted?) it and gave it to me last weekend. It’s super-soft and such beautiful colors. Do I have a picture? Well, you bet I do!


    Deanna gets credit for giving Debi a gift bag for the hat. Thanks, Deanna!
  • I can’t stop playing Coin Dozer on my iPhone. It’s a coin pusher game, like those lame ones in arcades, and it’s as stupid as those and I hate that I can’t stop playing but it’s kinda fun and I wish I’d paid more attention in physics or whatever class would have taught me something about how the game works because then maybe I would think it was boring.
  • I know my paragraphs aren’t supposed to have transitions, but while I’m on the subject of iPhone apps, Moxie 2 is out! Moxie is the most fun word game EVER, and Moxie 2 has all these cool enhancements over the original and makes it even better. You totally have to get it. Totally.
  • I. Am. Tired. Of. All. The. Rain. I know true Oregonians aren’t supposed to complain about the rain, but COME ON. It’s June. We just want enough sun so we know it’s not winter anymore, OK, Mother Nature?
  • Also, I’d like a pony.
  • Are we the only ones waiting for Captain Phil to fall over on Deadliest Catch? I know he had the stroke when they were off-loading at St. Paul Island, so at least we know it won’t all begin while they’re still at sea. He lived for ten days afterward, and I remember reading that they filmed a lot of stuff in the hospital. This week’s episode mentioned his health issues, so I think they’ll start featuring more of him soon. So sad. His last episode’s gonna be a big bummer.
  • Here’s a picture of my handsome nephews, which I stole from my sister’s Facebook album because I just couldn’t resist, and that defense will definitely hold up in court, right?


    That’s Sean (23) on the left, Stephen (22) on the right.
  • This week has been exhausting. I’ve had no energy. It could be the weather, or it could be the busted kneecap, or maybe it’s the cancer. Whatever it is, I’m tired and I’m tired of it. I’ve got stuff to do, and I want to do it. Grrr.

Have a super-fantastic weekend, y’all! Smell ya later—

blogsignature

2 comments:

  1. Oh ... the hat looks like Odessa (http://www.grumperina.com/knitblog/archives/2006/02/have_you_ever_b.htm) without the beads, which if it is, is a great hat pattern. You are one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the bag? Totally adorable. It was the perfect setting to show off the hat's intricate pattern. Plus, it's not like you can just buy gift bags any old place. I mean, you can't find those babies at Walmart...

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails