Jun. 2: Regrettable sofa

We can all agree that Etsy is one of the best things about the Internet, right? And that means that Regretsy (“Where DIY meets WTF”) is right up there with it, because who can’t love a site that shows us the weirdest stuff that can be found on Etsy? We so need that, right?

While I was browsing Regretsy this evening, I saw something familiar:

No, it’s not the creepy stuffed cat thing, thank Buddha. It’s the sofa! We had that sofa! It was as hideous and scratchy and horrific as you can imagine.

What? You don’t believe me? Then here’s some proof.

 

The colors look different, sure, but that’s the same sofa. And that’s one of the cutest little puppies EVER laying there on my 11-year-old shoulder. The upper left corner says “June 80,” but this picture was taken the previous Christmas; we were very slow developing rolls of film back then.

Here’s another memorable sofa/puppy picture:

Peg Bundy was not my mom back then, but I’m pretty sure my real mom would kill me if I published that picture of her on the ‘net. Let’s just say it was not a good hair era for her then. (Sorry, Mom, but you know it’s true. I tried to re-dress you, too, but my Photoshop skills aren’t good enough. Plus all that plaid made my eyes cross.)

Cute puppy, though, right?

And awesomely ugly sofa. I’m sure I’m not the only one who regrets owning that thing.

blogsignature

6 comments:

  1. Why not a picture of Meg Ryan or Nia Vardalos or Amy Adams?? Are you trying to get back at me for the couch?? I think your dad had a say in that purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thank you for leaving in the adorable plaid polyester pantsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh memories. For some reason that style furniture has a weird charm for me. Like I love that I hated it? I don't know. We had a 70's style kitchen in our old apartment (aka falling apart and olive green) and I had a strange feeling of rightness that our first apartment should look that way.

    A lot of the furniture in our apartment now is actually about that old, but thankfully not that plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am dying to see your mom's hair in that picture...

    We had a similar sofa with the plaid thing going on... a bit more of the avocado than the harvest gold, but still a real swinging interior design choice! Took forever for that one to get reupholstered...

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Thank you for leaving in the adorable plaid polyester pantsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not a picture of Meg Ryan or Nia Vardalos or Amy Adams?? Are you trying to get back at me for the couch?? I think your dad had a say in that purchase!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails