Jun. 2: Oh, the gumminess

It’s all gummy, all the time ‘round here these days. It started with the cocktails Debi made in the hotel room the other night, which consisted of nothing gummy but somehow tasted gummy-licious. Then Deanna emailed me these little goodies (all the photos link to the sites in which they were found):

Who wouldn’t want a gummy bear chandelier? Can’t you just see this hanging in a museum somewhere? Or my house, where it wouldn’t last very long because I would eat that thing so fast?

I think I have to have this too, but I wouldn’t eat it. Well, maybe a little. Like, the ears look nibble-y. But the nails creep me out a little. I guess they could be used as toothpicks after a gummy meal.

That was kinda gross, what I just wrote. I’m sorry.

I like this chandelier even better than the first, but it’s made of acrylic gummy bears and where’s the fun in that? Not to mention the rotten sugar stink and the fruit flies? But this would last longer hanging in my house. I can’t promise there wouldn’t be a few bite marks here and there, though—I’d probably have to make sure they weren’t real gummy bears. I’d probably have to make sure several times, in several places.

These lamps are cute, but they’re obviously not real gummy bears and that means I can promise I wouldn’t try to eat them.

Because everyone wants to have gummy bear jewelry, right?

Speaking of wearing gummy bears, one of my favorite episodes of The Simpsons is when the babysitter sits on Homer’s gummy Venus de Milo and when he picks it off her, she thinks he’s trying to grab her butt and accuses him of sexual harassment. Here’s a link to a blog in which an artist made tiny little gummy Venus de Milos! How cool are those?

Finally, there are a multitude of recipes out there for gummy bear-flavored beverages. I can honestly say I’d never searched for such a thing until I tried Debi’s creation last weekend, and I was surprised to see all the variations people recommend. One of my favorites isn’t so much a beverage as a charming little snack—vodka-soaked gummy bears. I’ve got some soaking right now, and will be posting the results in a few days when they’re complete, unless they turn out so delicious that I’m so drunk I can’t type. Ha → me on a vodka-soaked gummy bear bender.

Last night Jack asked if he could eat some of the bears and, of course, we said no. He argued that he occasionally has caffeine so what’s the big deal? Time for a little alcohol education, I think. And I’ll be keeping a close eye on my vodka bears now, too. DO NOT TOUCH MY VODKA BEARS!

blogsignature

3 comments:

  1. So glad there's another vodka gummi bear lover out there. Thanks for the trackback! Just signed up for your tweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony always pulls out that Simpson's episode as to why I have to drive the babysitter home instead of him.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails