Jun. 5: Super terrific happy thing #17

My super terrific happy thing for today:

A pedicure.

For the past six months I haven’t been able to go to a salon for my spa pedicures because there’s too much risk of infection, so it’s been up to me to maintain the beauty of my piggies. And quite frankly, it’s easier to wear socks. Except for frequent nail trims, I pretty much ignored my feet all winter and through most of our very damp spring. Oh yes, I’m hanging my head in shame as I type.

…or I was. Today I took all my mani/pedi tools out on the deck and gave myself a pedicure in the sunshine. It was a thorough one, too—it involved much scraping and shaving and sanding and filing and now my feet are downright spectacular. Something on me ought to be.

I much prefer getting a pedicure over giving myself one, but I’ll take what I can get. There’s a lovely feeling in having soft feet, perfectly shaped toenails, and unchipped polish, at least for those few hours before I trip over the dog and spend the next week in an ace bandage. Being clumsy sucks. But having pretty piggies is super, terrific, and makes me oh-so-happy.

smiley

blogsignature

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for pretty toes! I am in need of doing a bit of scraping/sanding too, sadly. Just hearing about your efforts makes me want to break out the mani/pedi tools... tomorrow. But by then it will probably be cold and rainy here again, so I'll just put on socks for another day. :(

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please don’t leave an anonymous comment.
Select “Name/URL” below and you can use whatever name you want. No registration required.
Thanks! –Jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails